quick question

Quinton McLeod said:

By how much?

I'd say it's fairly more powerful than the 4800... I mean, considering that the FX-60 uses the New Hyper Transport processing.

The FX-60 is a BEAST! An overclockers dream come true! All of its multiplers are UNLOCKED!!! ALL OF THEM!!

Not only that, but it runs super cool! Plus, it consumes way less power than the 4800+....

*Cries a silent tear of joy*

Hopefully, that answers your question...

Oh, and as far as the Presler is concerned.... The AMD 64 FX-60 completely murders it. They aren't even in the same room, let alone the same block!

If you want an overclocker's dream, go with the Presler. The Toledo core is decent when overclocked, but the Presler will FLY! :D For $1,200 and AM2 right around the corner, the FX-60 is a waste. It can't overclock for crap and has nothing new to appreciate about it. Unlocked multipliers...okay. :rolleyes: Oh em gee...that'll get you maybe 1ghz+ of overclocking. The Toledo core and it's 90nm process doesn't provide much overclocking headroom, so sorry. :p

Hyper-Transport is OLD. The spelling is different between "New" and "Old". I remember when Hyper-Transport came around...when I had my 3400+ Socket 754 processor...which was what? Two years ago? Three years ago? :p

Haha, the Toledo definately does not "murder" the Presler core. Okay, maybe at stock, but once you overclock the Presler the Toledo can eat it's dust.

You really should research both sides before you go bashing one side while praising the other. :rolleyes:

sorry, got a little carried away. To answer your question, you will NOT see a difference between the 4800+ and FX-60 in real world applications.

Yeah, so go save $400 and buy the Athlon X2 4800+. Heck, save yourself $600 and buy the Athlon X2 4400+ and overclock it to 4800+ speeds. That's what it basically is...a underclocked 4800+. :D

Yes, the X2 is a good CPU, a friend of mine has it, runs very fast and can run a lot of applications at the same time. Very good if you want multitasking. Or if you just want bragging rights and a whole lot of potential! :D

FX-60 is a waste of money. Get the X2, in any number, wether it be 4400+, 4800+ or whatever, it's a good CPU, and will be better then any Athelon 64 or P4 out right now.

ownage said:
hahaha, quinton, you crack me up, giving false info to everybody and pulling an Intel. But thats okay, everybody is bias one way or the other. You just have to accept the fact that the FX-60 is a huge waste of money. So what if it has unlocked multipliers?? Do you have any LN2 lying around to take advantage of that? I ASSUME NO. Do you see any A64's running multis higher than 10 or 11? NO. It runs super cool? NO. It runs the same temp as any other dual core AMD has released. Want to know why? It is the same freaking Toledo core as the 4800+ based on the old 90nm process and the higher the clocks, the more power is consumes. Get your mind straight. A processor will NOT consume less power and run faster at the same time. That should be common sense. An overclockers dream?? Pfff, give me a break. It caps at 3.3Ghz. Thats probably the most it will ever get to. HyperTransport new?? It came out when the S754s came out. Get your facts straight.

Wow, Ownage. You are completely out of the loop today, aren't you?

First of all, the FX-60 runs cooler and uses less power. Want proof? Here ya go:
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1918&page=3

Second, the FX-60 does use a new version of Hyper Transport. It's called the HyperTransport 2.0 Want proof? Here ya go:
http://www.devx.com/amd/Article/27012

The Toledo core is still spanking the 955xe... There's really not much you can say about that.

And considering that the FX-60 is completely multiplier unlocked, you can go much higher than 10x or even 11x.

So umm... Get your facts straight :/

alvino said:
If you want an overclocker's dream, go with the Presler. The Toledo core is decent when overclocked, but the Presler will FLY! :D For $1,200 and AM2 right around the corner, the FX-60 is a waste. It can't overclock for crap and has nothing new to appreciate about it. Unlocked multipliers...okay. :rolleyes: Oh em gee...that'll get you maybe 1ghz+ of overclocking. The Toledo core and it's 90nm process doesn't provide much overclocking headroom, so sorry. :p

It'll fly only under NITROGEN!! HELLO?!
Under watercooling, it can only go up to 4.5 Ghz and run stable. Which is the same on air! It just runs far too hot! The last thing you'd want to do is overclock an already boiling processor. Want proof? Here ya go:
http://forums.anandtech.com/message...eyword=&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Hyper-Transport is OLD. The spelling is different between "New" and "Old". I remember when Hyper-Transport came around...when I had my 3400+ Socket 754 processor...which was what? Two years ago? Three years ago? :p

And what's your point? FSB is even OLDER, and Intel still uses it! It's a huge bottleneck and slows down the overall performance of the entire machine.

Haha, the Toledo definately does not "murder" the Presler core. Okay, maybe at stock, but once you overclock the Presler the Toledo can eat it's dust.

The answer is no, it cannot. You're not even reading actual overclocking benchmarks. You can't compare a nitrogen overclocked 955xe to a stock AMD X2 4800+. You just can't do it!

You really should research both sides before you go bashing one side while praising the other. :rolleyes:

Umm, you should be doing more research than me, buddy. I've been backing up my side with urls and places you could actually READ data. You are just talking just to be talking.

Back
Top Bottom