Looking for some advice

TheSilverBullet

Solid State Member
Alirght here is the deal, I want to build a PC or buy one, but i'm not sure which I should do. Second what should I get in it I know I need at least 512 DDR but what all else should I get for a gaming computer. The main purpose of this computer is to plya video games listen to music and surf the web. What should I get?

go to www.ibuypower.com and get one for around $1500 with 1024 mb ram, 250gb hard drive, 3.0ghz pentium d, SLI motherboard with one Nvidia 7800 GTX (upgrade to SLI once you can afford it) A decent soundcard, 500w power supply atleast for SLI, basically that will be great for gaming..if you wanna go all out get 3.8ghz pentium 4, 2gb ram, 500gb hard drive, SLI motherboard and SLI Nvidia 7800 GTX's, best soundcard, 600w power supply, etc. that would cost you over $2000 though...they will build your custom computer and send you it.

cool thanks man, even though I don't have that kind of money this will still help me with what I want to do. Thanks much.

Peace
Shorty

the processor listed wouldn't be enough to handle SLI, that CPU would majorly slow things down with SLI running...plus you need a min. 500w power supply.

elitemaple said:
go to www.ibuypower.com and get one for around $1500 with 1024 mb ram, 250gb hard drive, 3.0ghz pentium d, SLI motherboard with one Nvidia 7800 GTX (upgrade to SLI once you can afford it) A decent soundcard, 500w power supply atleast for SLI, basically that will be great for gaming..if you wanna go all out get 3.8ghz pentium 4, 2gb ram, 500gb hard drive, SLI motherboard and SLI Nvidia 7800 GTX's, best soundcard, 600w power supply, etc. that would cost you over $2000 though...they will build your custom computer and send you it.

And Intel D won't suit his needs. It'll just be a waste.

I don't think Dual Core's will be neccessary for a fair while. It may be soon that they are widely used and 90% will support multithreading but it is a long way off before someone needs a dual core.

Back
Top Bottom