How good is this laptop?

Dakkon544

Beta member
Im about to buy a laptop for highschool graduation and I have been looking at this one. Technically it's for college and note taking or whatever. But I would like a computer that can play and run games well. If you could take a look at this link and tell me what you think of the computer for pretty recreational gaming that would be great. Thanks!

Another thing about this Laptop, it uses the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 gay card. How would I go about switching it out for a 6800 or something?

You can do a lot better for your money. Okay, think of it like this... You said it's for school, you may wanna take notes with it, etc. Right? You're going to want mobility because carrying that thing around with you is gonna be like carrying your desktop with you. Put that in your bookbag and you have no room for any books.
Also... A 64 3500+? No you don't want that.... Well unless you want to be able to cook eggs on the bottom of it after surfin' the web for a half hour. That thing is gonna get really, really hot. The 64bits aren't made for mobility reasons at all... Why they put them in laptops, people still buy 'em. You may want to take a look at Centrino or if you're set on AMD then go Turion. Both are great processors and are designed to use minimal battery power and put off little heat. Oh, that's another thing, that 3500+ battery life is gonna be crap.
I'm not trying to put your hopes for that lappy down, but I'm saying there's lots more out there, much better and cheaper and I speak from experience. I'm a senior (on my last semester) and I've been through 3 laptops. First was a P4 2.0Ghz. Eggs, bacon, I could've cooked anything on it. Next was a Centrino 1.5Ghz. It was nice but the size, 15.4", too big for me. I hated carrying it around. Now I'm on a Centrino 1.8Ghz with 80GB HDD, 1GB RAM and a 12" monitor... It's a Dell D400. This thing rocks! It has the power I need and the mobility I want since it's so small all for $750 shipped on ebay. And there's plenty of other good deals on there too. I would look into it.

Any questions shoot me a PM, good luck on college.

I prefer a mobile processor designed for energy efficiency since battery usage is an issue. Get a Turion 64 CPU instead of that Athlon 64. Then, get a wireless mouse to go with it. As convienent as the new touchpads are, it will never replace the speed and accuracy of laser mouses.

I just bought me a brand spanking new Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 6000 that set me back $55 and whoa, worth every penny. Smooth scrolling and get this: it has a 4-way built in scroller. No more clicking on the scroll box left to right. The scroll wheel moves in four different ways now. The magnifier is neat, but unless you are older and need bifocals, this is a useless feature. Still handy when you need it in case you do need to read fine prints.

Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 6000 B5W-00001 Silver 4 Buttons 1x Wheel USB RF - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826105175

The reviews don't do it justice. Those sissy users. Complain about every little thing. I give it 5 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom