has cf sold out?

naughty websites, BTW what does "woz" mean maybe I missed some memo here or something but I'm getting a migrane trying to figure it out.

If you're refering to the pop unders, they can go right past a popup blocker. Reason being the popup blockers are programed to look out for pop UPs. Some advertising twits programmers know this and with out asking the site owner they install them.
As for the firefox issue since FF is not IE based it just simply ignores them. Or is not affected by them. BUT like woz I use IE and till this happened have not had any major problems. Some of us just don't like some aspects of FF and others love it. It's a matter of what you want to use.
And for you FF users it's not the cure all for browser problems. That harks to the folks that say reinstall xp when ever some one has a problem.

GreatHype said:
but but I still dont know what woz means:(
Lol woz = wozelbeak the dude who started this threaad I think or just posted in it I dun wanna scroll back up so hey.

Looks like the problem has been fixed.....boy, that was sure annoying while those pop-unders would keep popping up! I use the MSN browser (which basically uses internet explorer I guess), and I hardly ever get any pop-ups except for the one from circuitcity.com because I have that site on my allowed list to enter the weekly giveaway contest. The only other site I get them on is dallasnews.com, so maybe those are pop-unders also.
Now for my question.....are there any add-ons or anything for internet explorer which will block pop-unders in addition to the pop-up blocker it already has? And, why does internet explorer block pop-ups, but not pop-unders?

thebigdintx said:
Now for my question.....are there any add-ons or anything for internet explorer which will block pop-unders in addition to the pop-up blocker it already has? And, why does internet explorer block pop-ups, but not pop-unders?

yeah, there are aim, msn, yahoo, and other just random toolbars. there is even a google one.

Back
Top Bottom