hackers

Don't hackers have programs that just scan networks and the internet in general for possible intrusion points? If that's so, it's not really that big of a deal when you block them is it? I mean it's not like it was a direct attack right? I get those alerts all the time too.

What you're probably seeing is port scanners. They scan IP's that are connected to broadband ISP's trying to find openings for whatever purposes (kids goofing off, enemy agents trying to find industrial or military secrets, ehatever). My router sends me a log full of them every 4 hours or so. I've given up trying to trace them, WHOIS, email the ISPs,or whatever, only to hear "Thanks, we'll look into it"... I just ignore them now. Make sure your router/firewall is set to stealth (go to Gibson Research Center and look for the "Shields Up" tests.

I'm sorry that is 100 addresses, they are not just scan points , plus I'm tired of it, I want to do something about it!

I have to assume from what you describe you're running zone alarm. My goes ape crap bezerk sometimes and all it is is my ISP pinging me to see if I'm still on the line. But the real kicker was when I got pinged by some one in China. I didn't know wether to be flattered some one would bother me or concerned. Turns out it was just a port scanner looking for an open door. Which on my systems they won't find.
You're worrying too much. Just click on the don't show me this again and let your firewall do it's job.

I ran it when I was on AOL. The McAfee was free from them. Anyway it said the same thing as when I ran it using ZA. If you're behind a router then you're relatively safe. I have 3 systems on one router. All I get is pop unders and cookies from places I visit.

I want to take take these guys down I'm tiered of them messing with my computer they have broke in before and caused damaged things too.

what kind of security do you run? I meen do still have mcafee or did you not like it? I like some things about them but hackers get alot did you have that problem?

When i dropped aol I lost mcafee. I have zone alarm free version and my router's firewall. Along with that I have AVG antivirus. And I'm testing KH Blocker. All this and I'm sitting pretty. Of course since it's Friday the thirteenth and the moon is full, watch something happen...

Back
Top Bottom