is their any whay to shut up...

steferfootball

Baseband Member
is their any whay to shut up my cd/dvd rom? i'm pecefuly playing a pc game when i put the game in i hear "REAAAAAAAAAA" for the entirety of my gaming period. could any of you suggest something that is w/o useing that software. for example their is this thing for hds neus drive~a~way http://www.nexustek.nl/driveaway.htm have any of you come across anything like this that could help me with my godforsaken problem. Thanks

There is a program from nero that slows your cd rom drive speed down....but at the cost of performance. I recommend not keeping a cd in the drive, or create and iso of the CD rom game, then load the iso into a virtual drive and do away with the cd all together.

Yeah, or just get a LEGAL crack that lets you play it without the disc. You won't hear that noise anymore. Some people say that they have problems with online play with these, but personally I haven't run into any problems whatsoever.

actually. most games nowadays just install the whole thing into ur hd, and you dont even need the cd rom INSIDE the drive physically to play...

i know this as a FACT because i own them.. for chaos theory, rainbow six 3, swat 4, battlefield 2, fear, warcraft 3, colin mcrae's 2005 rally racing and some more...

just when you start the game up , ie: load up the game.exe file, make sure you have ur cd in there.. so when the exe does it's regular cd drive checkup, it's aware the cd is in there.. then after you get into the game, like the menu or etc, take the cd out.. works like a charm. i have a 16x dvd burner.. so it's horrible with the cd in there.. okay hope that helps, peace

Back
Top Bottom