How good will this hp be?

TreeHugger

In Runtime
Well my brother want to buy a new computer, so i suggest an athlon processor seeing as my roxs my soxs. well here are the specs:
A64 x2 3800+ socket 939.....:( soonly outdate by A-M2
1 gb pc3200 ddr400 (2x 512mb)
Media Centre XP
250 gb ata hdd
Dual layer dvd burner x16 with lightscribe (any1 like the labels the laser makes?)
intregrated ati xpress 200 IGP or something like that can share up to 256mb

I have some money to upgrade this, but not alot. What do you think.Its about 100 usd....low end video card, tv tuner, sound card, any suggestions?

PS. w/o a graphic card upgrade how well will this perform in hl2 or counterstrike source.(same thing i know)

I'd say a cheap 6200 if you can find one. A 6600 even... just depends on prices...

This is exactly what i have. im not joking. I got an hp m7100e. And i have the same gfx card your getting ati radeon xpress 200. The only difference is the hdd and i have 3200 u have 3800. The cs source gfx are actually pretty good if u ask me. they are detailed and stuff. they are fine in my opinion. Half life 2 may not be good but half life 2 deathmatch is fine (does it have the same gfx as hl2???)

whatkind of fps and what setting do u run cs:cource on?
ps. the ati xpress 200 igp is embedded/intregrated on the mobo, their isnt a physical "graphic card". I thought that was pretty interesting :D

I had everything on max and its fine. audio and video is great. It is only laggy for me but lag is based on connection and WARNING: If you have a wireless connection, u WILL disconnect a lot. It happens to me. So just keep it in mind. My resoloution for source is 1024x768.

Back
Top Bottom