quick question

steferfootball

Baseband Member
apperently the amd athlon 64 fx-60 (dual core 64 fx dual core) just came out, and i was wondering how much better it would be than a amd athlon x2 4800? thanks

steferfootball said:
apperently the amd athlon 64 fx-60 (dual core 64 fx dual core) just came out, and i was wondering how much better it would be than a amd athlon x2 4800? thanks

By how much?

I'd say it's fairly more powerful than the 4800... I mean, considering that the FX-60 uses the New Hyper Transport processing.

The FX-60 is a BEAST! An overclockers dream come true! All of its multiplers are UNLOCKED!!! ALL OF THEM!!

Not only that, but it runs super cool! Plus, it consumes way less power than the 4800+....

*Cries a silent tear of joy*

Hopefully, that answers your question...

Oh, and as far as the Presler is concerned.... The AMD 64 FX-60 completely murders it. They aren't even in the same room, let alone the same block!

Quinton McLeod said:

By how much?

I'd say it's fairly more powerful than the 4800... I mean, considering that the FX-60 uses the New Hyper Transport processing.

The FX-60 is a BEAST! An overclockers dream come true! All of its multiplers are UNLOCKED!!! ALL OF THEM!!

Not only that, but it runs super cool! Plus, it consumes way less power than the 4800+....

*Cries a silent tear of joy*

Hopefully, that answers your question...

Oh, and as far as the Presler is concerned.... The AMD 64 FX-60 completely murders it. They aren't even in the same room, let alone the same block!

Which is why we have the Conroe core. which is in the same room, and definetly the same block!

Can an AMD X2 run 4.5GHz off of straight AIR!? NO!!!

Does that answer your question?

1337DuD3 said:
Which is why we have the Conroe core. which is in the same room, and definetly the same block!

Can an AMD X2 run 4.5GHz off of straight AIR!? NO!!!

Does that answer your question?

You fail to realize that the number of clock cycles do not equal performance. AMD has proven this time and time again.

The Conroe core hasn't came out yet, and it won't until the middle of this year. By that time, AMD will already have released the FX-62... So, I'm not too worried.

hahaha, quinton, you crack me up, giving false info to everybody and pulling an Intel. But thats okay, everybody is bias one way or the other. You just have to accept the fact that the FX-60 is a huge waste of money. So what if it has unlocked multipliers?? Do you have any LN2 lying around to take advantage of that? I ASSUME NO. Do you see any A64's running multis higher than 10 or 11? NO. It runs super cool? NO. It runs the same temp as any other dual core AMD has released. Want to know why? It is the same freaking Toledo core as the 4800+ based on the old 90nm process and the higher the clocks, the more power is consumes. Get your mind straight. A processor will NOT consume less power and run faster at the same time. That should be common sense. An overclockers dream?? Pfff, give me a break. It caps at 3.3Ghz. Thats probably the most it will ever get to. HyperTransport new?? It came out when the S754s came out. Get your facts straight.

Back
Top Bottom