Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

wait when is the 955 chip coming out? is it already out then? and what the heck is XE?
is intel going to stick with their socket 775 or are they switching like amd is?

Zaki said:
wait when is the 955 chip coming out? is it already out then? and what the heck is XE?
is intel going to stick with their socket 775 or are they switching like amd is?

XE = extreme edition. Intel is not moving sockets for a long time because of the memory controller being on the motherboard. They are only going to update the chipset.

ownage said:
hahha, dont worry about it. Remember that the 955xe is a dual core. ;)

Darn right! The new 955xe is going to be a mighty awesome chip! And remember, this is only the first 955xe to come out, the ones coming out in Q3 and Q4 will be awesome compared to this! muahahaha

1337DuD3 said:
Darn right! The new 955xe is going to be a mighty awesome chip! And remember, this is only the first 955xe to come out, the ones coming out in Q3 and Q4 will be awesome compared to this! muahahaha

Are you being sarcastic?

First of all, the 955xe is running off of nitrogen. It was clocked ridiculously high! Up to freaking 6ghz! If anything, it better seem impressive.

However, no normal person is going to be running their processor off nitrogen!!
The performance would be much much different running on conventional air and water cooling. It's right there where the 955xe FAILS. Not only that, the processor runs crazy hot on IDLE!!

The FX 60 kills the 955xe... You gotta be joking if you think otherwise

Quinton McLeod said:

Are you being sarcastic?

First of all, the 955xe is running off of nitrogen. It was clocked ridiculously high! Up to freaking 6ghz! If anything, it better seem impressive.

However, no normal person is going to be running their processor off nitrogen!!
The performance would be much much different running on conventional air and water cooling. It's right there where the 955xe FAILS. Not only that, the processor runs crazy hot on IDLE!!

The FX 60 kills the 955xe... You gotta be joking if you think otherwise

I wasn't even referring to the nitrogen thing. I was referring to the base chip. And yes, it will rock. No, it was not sarcasm. Because being able to reach 4.5 off of air cooling, THAT'S impressive! Can an AMD X2 do that...no...

1337DuD3 said:
I wasn't even referring to the nitrogen thing. I was referring to the base chip. And yes, it will rock. No, it was not sarcasm. Because being able to reach 4.5 off of air cooling, THAT'S impressive! Can an AMD X2 do that...no...

1) The processor is already out. Did you know that? :p

2) The 955xe was already compared to the X2 4800+ and lost.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=1767167

3) The FX-60 was just released and it runs circles around the 955xe

4) It can reach 4.5 off of air cooling at above 80C. That's throttling. Why don't you over clock the 4800+ to 80C and see who wins. So umm.. No, that's not impressive.

5) The end

okay, stop being an idiot and flaming posts. You are acting like a real ASSHOLE right now. Some people do run their computers 24/7 on a cascade, face the facts. If you dont believe me, check www.ocforums.com and do a little reading. the 4800+ will only rech 3.3Ghz max on LN2, a 955XE presler will go up to 6.6Ghz, and more with some tweaking. Now bench those on SuperPi. Can an A64 get 19.53 seconds on SuperPi? I think not.

Quinton McLeod said:

1) The processor is already out. Did you know that? :p

2) The 955xe was already compared to the X2 4800+ and lost.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=1767167

3) The FX-60 was just released and it runs circles around the 955xe

4) It can reach 4.5 off of air cooling at above 80C. That's throttling. Why don't you over clock the 4800+ to 80C and see who wins. So umm.. No, that's not impressive.

5) The end

1) No duh...

2) That had no supporting evidence whatsoever, just some kid who stated an opinion. Try better next time. :)

3) No the FX-60 does not run "circles'' around the Conroe. The FX-60 is a 90nm chip that uses almost the exact same lay out as the FX-57 and other such processors. It's a disappointing chip...

4) Yes, 4.5GHz on air IS impressive. Let's see your CPU do that!

5) You've been 0wn3d. The End.

Back
Top Bottom