Test your firewall

can some one give a great firewall link to download a firewall, if it costs any thing please post the price

My IDENT port is Closed (gonna work on that), and my web port is open (I have a webserver running on another computer), otherwise, all blocked

RewtGuy i dont really get what you mean or saying but do you mean that what ever or how hard you try that you can never get *full* security of your computer?
Because thats very true,
Firewalll or no firewall....

No I wasn't saying anything about not being able to "completely" secure your computer although I do agree, there's always "SOME" way someone can get in...

I was saying the test was useless since it tests for things most people don't have. Like a Mail server or a FTP server.

Who said unhackable? Maybe next time don't try to put words in my mouth?
well here is more if u need. http://www.firewallleaktester.com/
But don't get paranoid just because ur firewall can't stop them. Something like the firehole one is very hard to stop.

I'm NOT paranoid. First of all I already know I would respond to some of them, as I do run services (FTP,SSH, ect...) . This is no big deal to me as I have confidence in my system and its security.

I didn't put any words in your mouth. It was sarcasm.

My point is: Even if your ports are opened or listening doesn't mean you're suddenly going to be compromised. Although it does increase your chances that's why you have your security in place.

This seems like more of a prevention type of thing which isn't always the best way to go. Yeah preventing ports from opening, you're less likely to be hacked, but you're not going to stop having sex because you're scared of getting a STD. You'll just wear a freakin' condom to protect yourself. Same princibles for services (at least for me).

Ah ok, i get you now RewtGuy,
But
Like a Mail server or a FTP server.

as I do run services (FTP,SSH, ect...)

Im going to take a rough guess and what i think ive learnt..well sorta, is it some of the ports names?
Like for Web, email, IM's etc?

This seems like more of a prevention type of thing which isn't always the best way to go. Yeah preventing ports from opening, you're less likely to be hacked, but you're not going to stop having sex because you're scared of getting a STD. You'll just wear a freakin' condom to protect yourself. Same princibles for services (at least for me).

Great explanation :p ,
LMFAO...great.. just *great*
But that is true..

webmonkey said:
I am using Mcafee Internet Security, I got:
Completely stealthed!

I have had norton internet security for a few days now and here are my results:

yup i got completely stealthed.

Oh yeah!!!! EVERYTHING is blocked!! Norton does it again. I just don't know what I would do without Norton. They are a lifesaver. So reliable, so reputable, so good. I think I love Norton.

Back
Top Bottom