Can I?

dmb51599

In Runtime
Im pretty sure I can do this but though I'd run it by all of you. I have a new 120gb HD (SATA) on the way that I will use fot my master HD. Can I hook up that HD and then the older 80gb HD (ATA100) thats in my system now for a backup. I would assume that then I would set them up accordingly in the BIOS afterward. This is my very first build so I thought I'd check. THANKS!

GREAT!! Thought so. ONe more question for thoes of you who may know. What is the difference between going out and buying XP home or pro as opposed to using the system disk that my girlfriend got with her dell over the summer. I will use my old cpu's key code just her system disk. Is this a good idea or should I find a normal OS disk? I was just reading that to install a SATA HD I need to make a floppy disk with the drivers on it. Has anyone else had to do this?? The mobo I am using is an ASUS A8N5X.

u most likely wont have to do that because the drivers are probably already installed, as for the dell xp disk it might work but dont count on it because those disks are meant for the reinstallation of xp on that machine

I have used the disk before on my current CPU without any issues. The only thing I noticed is a few Dell drivers were avaliable. I did have to install some drivers for my devices but no big deal. Thanks!

yes of course, dont worry to much about the jumpers there simple! and most new systems have a fail safe!! the only cables need to plugged in are the ide and power simple!!! then it should just appear in my computer

dmb51599 said:
I have used the disk before on my current CPU without any issues. The only thing I noticed is a few Dell drivers were avaliable. I did have to install some drivers for my devices but no big deal. Thanks!
It must be quite an old disk because they have stopped giving them out with computers now :p As long as you have a valid activation key it will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom