could this happen?

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
a guy was making threats to me today about sending me a virus and that i could do nothing about it, i have a router and a firewall but he claimed he could easily get past both of them cause he could find out the ip of my computer so is this possible? is he really capable of that or was he just talkin a load of sh!t?

Unless he really wants to keep pinging your router till he finds an opening I would think you're relatively safe. But never let your guard down. Be wary of suspect mail you get over the next few days or weeks for that matter.
Um just because inquiring minds would like to know, what brought on this guys threats? And if you have his ip addy PM it to me. Don't post it in the open please.

Get a dynamic IP, or static IP. Although the dynamics cost money, i dont know about the statics though.

You got it backwards. The dynamic addy is free while the static costs extra. From your ISP that is.

I have a dynamic ip address that changes everytime I boot or reset my dsl modem on... I'm safe... but anyways, dude, don't worry. Probably bluffing. But, of course, don't let your guard down, as said earlier. I would even take a break for a while, from the comp, etc. Update your antivirus, spyware, etc. software. Be cautious in what you do... and, if you can, back up your hd, just in case.

im not to worried because i know quite a bit about comps and that its pretty difficult to get past a router and a firewall i was just wondering if he could actually do it and oh he was threatening me cause his cs clan was pretty much destroyed because no one liked him anymore so we made a new clan leaving him behind lol

setishock said:
Unless he really wants to keep pinging your router till he finds an opening I would think you're relatively safe. But never let your guard down. Be wary of suspect mail you get over the next few days or weeks for that matter.
Um just because inquiring minds would like to know, what brought on this guys threats? And if you have his ip addy PM it to me. Don't post it in the open please.
what do u mean by ip addy? and how would i find it out?

gaming_freak said:
what do u mean by ip addy? and how would i find it out?

Ip addres. And u can find it by sending something (anything will do, a picture or something) and then using the netstat -n command. And then just look at the right port and it should be that ip addres.

Not 100% sure, never tried myself but this is what someone said.

And he is just talking a load of sche!sse (how ever u spell it :D)
It's going to be very hard to get past a software firewall, and then u have the routers firewall too, which makes it even harder.

well, unless hes a uber genius, i very much doubt it. just make sure you have a updated firewall, and if you have wireless networking that you have mac address filtering!!

Back
Top Bottom