Mac Lovers

rusbo.uk said:
Hey!

Well, all the time im telling you guys macs are better, and i often get hate mail expressing the fact thar pc's are better, but....theyre not!

Well when you make pointless threads like this I wonder why you get hate mail. Im trying to figure out why you made this thread (which is going to turn into a flame war) when its just going to increase the amount of hate mail you get.

But all this about servers handling ram, the G5 is not a server, its a normal desktop.

I've never owned a Mac, but I do like using them now and again.

Stick to what you like - it's like comparing chalk and cheese, they're so different you can't say which is better or not.

But I will say one thing: MacOS sucked up until OSX. It was truly bloody awful. No joke, the internal memory management system of MacOS9 was on the same level technologically as that in Windows 95.

Windows has had protected memory since the early days of NT (not long before Windows 95), if I remember rightly. MacOS got it for the first time in OSX. Basically, on all versions of MacOS up until then, if one program died, your whole system went down like a pack of dominoes.

I know! I was just about to switch to the dark side, and then OS X Cane out. I think it is better than XP

(Oh Crap, i am gonna die now)

My pc is Beautiful...
it's encase in a brushed aluminium case that has a translucent blue front cover, the Power and hard disk activity lights match (I.e they are blue).
my drive bay cover plates are brushed aluminium, and I have slot loading drives (so no trays popping out from my monster)...
My PC (dare I say it), looks better than a Mac, certainly better than a G5, which do have an industrial kind of beauty, but not like my case does... My Pc caertainly looks better than an old Imac...
and I can change to a better monitor too, somehing you couldn't do with the old (pretty) Imacs...
(yes, my case actualyl cost more than my car is worth... but I didn't have to pay for it!).
I could take a photo, but I don't need to... there are hundreds of pictures of PC cases out there, and a lot of them are a lot better than Macs...
(by the way, I think a plain grey box, like the G5, is a lot more dull than say an alienware box, and both carry simillar price tags...

Point 2, (or three... ponits one and two wer the same)...
the great thing about PCs is you can build your own... no modding needed...
I just selected this board from dabs..
http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...lectedId=11143&NavigationKey=11143,4294958790
whack in four of these (http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...147&NavigationKey=11147,4294959585,40325)duel core processor bad boys if you want, and a massive 32GB of RAM if your heart desires, (and wallet allows)...

(consider your Mac whipped).

looks - PC 1, Mac 0
power - PC 1, Mac 0

overall PC - 2, Mac 0...

PC wins, Macs loose...

Mac isnt really that bad but windows is really good for business and stuff but I never really understood why mac is better for image/video editing, i know it is but idky??

Mac's are only good for people who know how to operate them. Everyone else doesn't even want to take the time to learn on one. At least I don't. There rubbish as far as im concerned. I mean sure, they COULD be good for gaming, but they don't have Direct X. And thats what windows graphics is based off of. And almost all (new) new games require Direct X9.0c. So there not good for gaming. There funny looking. I mean can you really get those with Neon lights, and other cool case mods. Don't think so. I would personally never buy a mac. But everyone has there own. As it goes-

What ever floats your boat.

If macs are so much better than pc's then how come they don't sell very well and apple only has a small market share in the pc industry? case closed.

Back
Top Bottom