tv tuner for pc

EricM

Daemon Poster
I want to get a tv tuner but have a few questions...i want to hook up a satellite receiver to it but I want to know if i will still be able to use the guide on the receiver and receive all the channels... and what does windows media centre actually do?

The simplest way i can tell you this is HOOK IT UP TO YOUR TV. It will give you every single channel your tv has. If your tv has a satalleite (sp?) receiver just use a coax cable to connect them and you will also have the guide. Media center is software that is only available in the media center operating system. It can do pretty much anything involving media and is quite simple to use. I like it.

Im kinda a bit confused to what you mean... I want to run a coax cable from the satellite receiver... because it has an output i think to the video card.... is that what u mean?

if your tv is connected to the satalleite, then there is no reason to run the coax to a receiver. But i think connecting to a receiver would work. If it doesnt, then just connect the coax to your tv and u get everything

ya i was wondering the same thing. i have dish network, and the channel setup or w/e is kinda weird. teh receiver displays everything on channel 60. so the tv never changes chanels just the receiver. so would windowsMCE accept that?

Ya mines channel 3 on the tv... and everything is on the receiver only displayed on channel 3. So Ive been wondering if the tv tuner on the pc will pick up all those channels?

Back
Top Bottom