My Athlon overclock

Quinton McLeod said:

I wasn't debating the waterblocks. I know Swiftech makes awesome waterblocks. However 3/8 tubing is tiny tiny. 1/2 inch tubing means that more water is hitting the surface of the waterblock. That allows for the heat to move away from the processor more quickly through the water than with 3/8 tubing. Haven't you ever heard of the saying (as far as liquid cooling is concerned), "The more water on the surface, the better?"

It's a little higher than a 1*C difference between the sizes. 1/2 inch keeps the processor much cooler by perhaps 5C.

hahaha, 3/8 is tiny?? Do you know your fractions? Im sick and tired of people posting wrong info on the forum. 3/8 is 1/8" away from 1/2" okay. 1/8" is tiny. And it is proven on OCforum (a forum that actually has over 100 people watercooling) that 3/8" makes very very little difference compared to 1/2".

ownage said:
hahaha, 3/8 is tiny?? Do you know your fractions? Im sick and tired of people posting wrong info on the forum. 3/8 is 1/8" away from 1/2" okay. 1/8" is tiny. And it is proven on OCforum (a forum that actually has over 100 people watercooling) that 3/8" makes very very little difference compared to 1/2".

I know good and well how thick 3/8ths of an Inch is....

I'll make it simple...

Take 1 inch... Split it into 8 parts... Now color in (with a crayon) 3 of those parts...

TADA!! 3/8ths of an inch!

Believe it or not, but 3/8th is 10 percent smaller than 1/2 of an each.
10 percent ontop of a circular mound is quite a bit if you look at it.

Quinton McLeod said:

I know good and well how thick 3/8ths of an Inch is....

I'll make it simple...

Take 1 inch... Split it into 8 parts... Now color in (with a crayon) 3 of those parts...

TADA!! 3/8ths of an inch!

Believe it or not, but 3/8th is 10 percent smaller than 1/2 of an each.
10 percent ontop of a circular mound is quite a bit if you look at it.

First, are you talking about 3/8" ID or OD? 1/2" ID or OD?

Back
Top Bottom