my computer is flipping out

crazyjoe16

In Runtime
hey there.....i'm having some computer troubles here...

when i start it up, it freezes after like less than a minute. so i started in safe mode. and in safe mode, explorer.exe keeps shutting down! i'll keep restarting it and it just dissappears! this is my computer that i have all my personal files on and i cant even access them! HELP PLEASE! O.O

also i dont understand how i could've got a virus or anything....the only thing i use on the internet on this computer is yahoo messenger and msn messenger. i dont download anything. and i only talk to personal friends on messenger (and i'm pretty sure they arent hackers lol). so anyone know the problem or what i can do about this?

You appear to have a problem that may only be solved by reinstalling your OS because if major things like this happens then it may be the only easy way. I had a similar pro and i reinstalled my computer - no pros any more!

Ask a friend or your locally known computer dealer to copy all your personal files or files you dont want to lose and reinstall your computer. And when you reinstall, delete all your partitions to ensure that you have no unecessary files left over - including a full format with NTFS...good luck

If you have your Windows CD, try to repair the installation. From the freezing, it's one of two things:
#1- A corrupt file at bootup
#2- A heat issue

Since it's on for only a minute, and explorer.exe is crashing in safe mode, we'll go with option #1. Try to do a repair. Put your cd in, reboot, and act like you are installing- do not try to repair through the repair console- wait until you see when it's detecting previous versions of Windows. Once it sees yours, it will ask if you want to repair it- say yes. It'll do it's thing, and reboot. Bad part: you will have to re-activate Windows, and install programs that you had. Good news: all your data should still be there. Good luck.

Try This---> Start>Run then type:sfc /scannow And Insert The Cd It Will Replace Any Currupt , Damaged Or Missing System Files.

Put a secod hdd in your pc,then boot it up i dos ,using a boot floppy disc,then copy everything to the second hdd.thats what did when my windows crashed on my pc

hey guys thanks for the help, but i already figured i'd have to reformat. but it all went to hell lol. you see i had lost my windows xp pro cd and cd key, so i was like "fudgestick!" and my computer didnt come with an OS disc...can you believe that crap? well anyways, i hooked up my external hd to my comp and had to use taskmanager to move all my files over lol. took forever but i finally got it done. afterward, feeling there was no other alternative, i used restore discs from my other computer hah! that was a mistake but hey i had nothing to lose. so my laptop sat there in my room...dormant...asleep....dead...whatever you want to call it...for about 2 whole weeks. but at last, my dad came home from work a few days ago with a windows 2000 pro disc. so as of now, until i find my XP disc, i'm stuck with win 2000....but hey its better than nothin.

and thanks for trying to help lol.

Back
Top Bottom