Is Fatal1ty really that good?

Reading the specs does sound good, but a mouse is a mouse to me. I'm doing fine with my optical intellimouse. I mean, does it really make that much of a difference?

mammikoura said:
I seriously think that u need to get rid of that "I'm so good" attitude.
If u really are that good then why don't u just go to the gaming competitions etc and earn ur money etc from there?
Never been to one? If u are one of the best gamers there is I highly suggest u go to some.

Oh, how many sponsors do u have?
0? Oh, that's quite bad for a guy who is a match for one of the best players in the world.

He is one of the best, u most likely are not. Deal with it.
And I know I sound a little rude, but I just don't like ppl who think that they are that great when they most likely are not.

Let's clarify one thing. I DO NOT have an, "I'm so good", attitude. All i said is that anyone could beat him given the right amoutn of practice, and the right amoutn of skill. YOu need to read before you start making accusations about people.

How many sponsors do I have? NONE! Why? Because I don't care for professional gaming. I like to game with friends! The point I was making about Fatal1ty, is that he's more then likly over-rated and can be beaten by quite a few people. Obviously you missed that point, because once again, you failed to read correctly. But nonetheless I do not care, because, I, liek you said, have no sponsors, and do not attend professional gaming tournaments.

However, anyone, at any given time, can kill any other person, in a specific game. Let's take alivino for instance, probably plays a few games, or has played a few games, if he should practice and gain enough "skill" and then enter a tournatment, his chances of success or the same as ANY ONE ELSE! Because, say it was a FPS, every gun, every grenade, every map, is specifically set up to make every player have an equal oppurtunity to win. If it wasn't designed that way then people wouldn't play!

For instance, say CS:S was made to have two teams, Team 1 gets an M4A1 Carbine, with full body armor, and three flashbang grenades. As oppossed to Team 2, which would have only .45 ACP Caliber single shot Pistols with no body armor and no grenades. Who do you think has the higher chances of winning? Of course Team 1. So if the game were designed as such NO ONE WOULD PLAY!

But, fortuently for people, games aren't made that way. Every person has an equal chance to beat any other person at any given time. Which is why people play! To win! And they do so by making all players have an equal chance at winning. Not by rigging the game!

So io think you need to stop accussing me of that, "I'm so good," attitude, because in reality, I don't have one. Why? Because I don't need one because I'm not a professional gamer, I game simply for fun, and fun only. :)

TRDCorolla said:
Reading the specs does sound good, but a mouse is a mouse to me. I'm doing fine with my optical intellimouse. I mean, does it really make that much of a difference?

I agree, my HP mouse is worth perhaps, 20 bucks. Does what it does. It points. I doubt you need all that.

Nevermind, found it.

mr.monger said:
well i bet he is good. and lucky as hell.but who cares hes probably rich now.

He probably is good. And more then likly is very rich because of all the advertising companies do when using his name.

This reminds me of something. Did anyone ever watch that MTV True Life: I'm a Professional Gamer thing? Those chicks who played CS freakin' rocked. I'd liek to see them play against some clans online. That would be cool!

1337DuD3 said:
Let's clarify one thing. I DO NOT have an, "I'm so good", attitude. All i said is that anyone could beat him given the right amoutn of practice, and the right amoutn of skill. YOu need to read before you start making accusations about people.
U are correct, but the thing is:
U say that with the right amount of skill. Well yes, it's true, but then again with the right amount of skill I would be be the best in the world in 10 different sports, which is quite impossible.

Yes, practice does improve ur skills, but it's not just that. If u start practising as hard as u can there is a very big chance that u wouldn't become the best football player in the world no matter how much u would want to. And yes though football and gaming are 2 totally different sports (well I don't think that gaming is a sport but still), the difference between the players is determined by how skilled they are.

Ofcourse practise is a big part. But then there is this thing called talent.
And the fact is that someone just is better than the others in some stuff without any specific reason. That's the way it goes.

And saying stuff like "If my friends and I could play him I guarntee you he'd end up not winning half the time." is basicly saying that u and ur friends are one of the best gamers in the world. Unless u ment that u and ur 5 friends against him. Which would be like 6 vs 1 which is not fair.

He just is one of the best in the world, and there ain't many ppl in this forum, if anyone at all, who would have a chance to beat him.

mammikoura said:
U are correct, but the thing is:
U say that with the right amount of skill. Well yes, it's true, but then again with the right amount of skill I would be be the best in the world in 10 different sports, which is quite impossible.

Yes, practice does improve ur skills, but it's not just that. If u start practising as hard as u can there is a very big chance that u wouldn't become the best football player in the world no matter how much u would want to. And yes though football and gaming are 2 totally different sports (well I don't think that gaming is a sport but still), the difference between the players is determined by how skilled they are.

Ofcourse practise is a big part. But then there is this thing called talent.
And the fact is that someone just is better than the others in some stuff without any specific reason. That's the way it goes.

And saying stuff like "If my friends and I could play him I guarntee you he'd end up not winning half the time." is basicly saying that u and ur friends are one of the best gamers in the world. Unless u ment that u and ur 5 friends against him. Which would be like 6 vs 1 which is not fair.

He just is one of the best in the world, and there ain't many ppl in this forum, if anyone at all, who would have a chance to beat him.

I never said, "If my friends and I could play him I guarntee you he'd end up not winning half the time." I said, "If we went against him and his friends, we might get slaughtered, but if we do, we're darn sure going to make it close." I never said we'd end up winning half the time or anythign even close to that. READ!!!

Practice makes talent, talent makes skill. Yu aren't "naturally" good at anything. Once you do something, and you do it more often, the better you will be. Which is why anyone could beat anyone else given the right amount of practice.

1337DuD3 said:
Yu aren't "naturally" good at anything

Of course people are more naturally gifted at things then others... Lance Armstrong is an example....Roger Federer became NO.1 in the world when he didnt even have a coach to guide him... singing is also another example...some people can sing just like that and then there are the others who need alot of training to be just bearable to the human ear...of course people have natural talents in certain fields and to say otherwise (as stated in your quote) is ludicrous....

In saying that practise also plays a huge part but you must first have atleast some natural talent to succeed in any particular field.

cantona said:
Of course people are more naturally gifted at things then others... Lance Armstrong is an example....Roger Federer became NO.1 in the world when he didnt even have a coach to guide him... singing is also another example...some people can sing just like that and then there are the others who need alot of training to be just bearable to the human ear...of course people have natural talents in certain fields and to say otherwise (as stated in your quote) is ludicrous....

In saying that practise also plays a huge part but you must first have atleast some natural talent to succeed in any particular field.

exactly.

And 1337DuD3, just before telling me to read, u might want to look at ur post in the second page which is posted on January 7th, 2006, 07:26 AM and is the post number 24. It clearly says "If my friends and I could play him I guarntee you he'd end up not winning half the time." And that's a quote, every single detail is the same, even ur spelling mistake. And this is from ur post, number 47, only a few post above this one. (just so that u can find it and can stop trying to make it look like I would be lying) "I never said we'd end up winning half the time or anythign even close to that. READ!!!" Yeah, nothing even close to that!

Well holy snaps! That's nto what i was meaning, but my apologies.

Anywho, talent, I don't know. I think you can do anything you want to given the rigth amoutn of self-motivation and practice. Talent, to me at least, is just a higher form of skill. what talent is to you may be very different.

Back
Top Bottom