Athlon FX-60 Out

I didn't know it was out either. Looks good, but the price is just too high. Can any of us here really afford that? Only one way to get it if you must have it: credit

It's the first in the series to sport two cores. The 90 nm processor is clocked at 2.6 GHz (lower than the 2.8 GHz FX-57) and features 1 MB of L2 cache per core. With the impending arrival of the new socket M2, the FX-60 should be the last 939-pin model in the FX line.

Doesnt overclock over 3ghz with stock cooling...Apparantly you'll need water cooling for that

The Amish Kid said:
Wow I had no idea that it was coming out so soon. Well hopefully the price of DDR memory will start coming down now that both amd and intel will be using DDR2

Intel will be using GDDR3 ram. They are not staying with DDR2 FYI

alvino said:
DDR2 has higher bandwidth and lower voltage consumption than DDR. The trade off is in latency, although technology has advanced so much that the latency difference isn't that great.

As far as the FX-60 goes...avoid. You're paying $1,200 for a Athlon X2 4800+ with unlocked multipliers. That alone is DEFINATELY not worth the extra $400 you can save by getting the Athlon X2 4800+. I'm pretty disappointed with AMD's decisions on the FX-60...:(

Your disappointed with there choice on the FX-60 but yet you went and got an Xbox 360??? ROFL.

j/k bro :p had to pick on the Crap box users here :p

SpadeXL said:
Intel will be using GDDR3 ram. They are not staying with DDR2 FYI

Got anything to prove that? AFAIK, Intel will be using DDR2 for a while. and GDDR3 is graphics only.

Back
Top Bottom