Test your firewall

Oh wow, you didn't respond to a few packets on some ports. Now you're unhackable. But wait! It responds to ping! Not so stealthed now are ya?

This test is completely useless to the "average" computer user who runs NONE of them services. Majority of people here probably don't run those services on them ports on their desktop.

No shit you don't respond to port 25, YOU DON'T HAVE A SMTPD. Even if port 25 was open, and if you had a smtpd it still wouldn't cause much concern (assuming you took time to secure it).

My $0.02 worth.

yea he is right I have hackers coming at me left and right one, got in today! can someone post a better link?

RewtGuy said:
Even if you didn't have a firewall that'd be completely pointless. All those ports are services usually provided by a server. Most people never have any of those services running. Plus you can edit the configuration so they run on different ports. Last but not least, the ports running them, if they were closed (cause they're not using that service) they wouldn't respond to incoming packets anyway.
RewtGuy said:
Oh wow, you didn't respond to a few packets on some ports. Now you're unhackable. But wait! It responds to ping! Not so stealthed now are ya?

This test is completely useless to the "average" computer user who runs NONE of them services. Majority of people here probably don't run those services on them ports on their desktop.

No shit you don't respond to port 25, YOU DON'T HAVE A SMTPD. Even if port 25 was open, and if you had a smtpd it still wouldn't cause much concern (assuming you took time to secure it).

My $0.02 worth.

RewtGuy i dont really get what you mean or saying but do you mean that what ever or how hard you try that you can never get *full* security of your computer?
Because thats very true,
Firewalll or no firewall....

Half of my no cents :p

thedoc757 said:
yea he is right I have hackers coming at me left and right one, got in today! can someone post a better link?

Here

and google is your friend peoplez :)

I got the joke but never the less, that was not a very good link I ment a link to test your firewall

thedoc757 said:
I got the joke but never the less, that was not a very good link I ment a link to test your firewall

o_O

There was no joke...

err...Em i missing something?

RewtGuy said:
My $0.02 worth.

Who said unhackable? Maybe next time don't try to put words in my mouth?
well here is more if u need. http://www.firewallleaktester.com/
But don't get paranoid just because ur firewall can't stop them. Something like the firehole one is very hard to stop.

Back
Top Bottom