Athlon FX-60 Out

kyleman999 said:
nice good to know i'm going to wait to upgrade for the next socket and get me some ddr 2 :D

..im waiting for it to come out so i can pick up some new s939 stuff for cheap :D

Not much really. DDR2 used to be much worse than DDR because of horrendous latencies, but DDR2 has improved on that aspect.

Wow I had no idea that it was coming out so soon. Well hopefully the price of DDR memory will start coming down now that both amd and intel will be using DDR2

DDR2 has higher bandwidth and lower voltage consumption than DDR. The trade off is in latency, although technology has advanced so much that the latency difference isn't that great.

As far as the FX-60 goes...avoid. You're paying $1,200 for a Athlon X2 4800+ with unlocked multipliers. That alone is DEFINATELY not worth the extra $400 you can save by getting the Athlon X2 4800+. I'm pretty disappointed with AMD's decisions on the FX-60...:(

i really hope this was a pre intel 955 warm up from amd, because although this costs $500 more than the amd 4800, it isnt worth $300 more than the 4800. but you have to give it to amd for pushing the bar regularly and keeping intel on the back-foot. now what i REALLY hope is that intel releases a 965 or a 975 cpu that would totally own the 4800, but thats not going to happen...so i am an amd-fangirl until then........................no im not a grl

edit: oh wait its only $350 more than the 4800 on zipzoomfly.com DAMNIT!!! had it come out a couple of days ago i would have bought at least one instead of my two 4800s. oh well.

im trying to persuady my dad to return the 4800 and buy this, but that would mean paying 15% restocking fee for the $787 4800, and then spending about $350 more to get this cpu.... :(

Back
Top Bottom