Smoking in pubs/clubs (UK)

though it was decromatic anyway .. so were all different and have our view? not cominust were were all forced to do the same ... like sexist biggest pile of rubbish ive heard, tring not to be cominuist (no offence to anyone)

David Lindon said:
While I am a non smoker, I think the government does not have the right to tell people what they can and can't do in social situations like smoking

aha!! someone who agrees!!

David Lindon said:
While I am a non smoker, I think the government does not have the right to tell people what they can and can't do in social situations like smoking

i sort of agree,

i think it should be up to the pubs individually whether they allow smoking or not.

i dont smoke, cant really stand it, but people stilll have the right to

Looking a privately owned store should have the OPTION to ban it or not its the goverments area to get into. Esp in pubs and bars and clubs if you banned it then it'd cause more harm then good. I don't smoke, I don't like smoking i've had my experiences with it. its not a big deal. I mean really and truly I was talking to Mike a bar owner the other weekened. He said if germany carpet banned smoking his business would lose a lot of money. Now in Hostipitals thats TOTALLY understandable and in public buildings such as ploice stations, court houses and all that tahs understandable. But in a mall thats privately owned by a citizen or a group of citizens its up to them not to the gov. I know when they did carpet ban smokeing in Neb, we had 2 bars fail within the first 5 months because the poeple would rather go to a liqour store buy the stuff go to there house and drink and smoke there instead of goign to a bar and not be able too. Frankly its up the owners not the gov. In fact that goes against free market. If someone can't run there businses the way they want to RUN it then its not a free market and simply a state going into a communist role. Gov does not have the right or aurthoity to detect if a guy can have a ciggy in a bar. They can in Hostipials, and court houses, and PUBLIC BUILIDNGS OWNED BY THE GOVERMENT. But in private businesses.

David Lindon said:

I agree.

Anyway, Banning smoking want happen, Lmao, you people belive this?

Most Pubs and Clubs are owned by a business or a Single Boss, ok, The Boss may smoke, He will say No, Am I rite?

Yes, because I spekak to Pub owners and ma mum use to be a Manager in 1 for along time (5-7 years), Bascally you cant stop it, only in Non-Smoking areas, thats what there banning, in the Volts (Main Place In A Pub 18+ Only, Ahh Always go in there), Anyway, there will be aloud smoking there yes, It want stop, Goverment cant do that, lmao, All smokers will raid the shit out of the goverment with post, Protest everything dude, it will cause vilonce, just wait and see.

Like I say, us Scots only have to wait until March :D

Yeah, I'd like to go into my Student Union and order a pint instead of a pint and a helping of lung cancer.

just while im thinking about the scots being ahead of everyone else... i got sent this pic in an email just before new year!

1067680926scotland9yx.gif

explanation: scotland introduced new licencing laws that allowed pubs and clubs to stay open 24 hours! so over new year there were pubs open a fulll 2 days!!

i no this is off toic but just came to my mind! thought you might like it!

jay8990 said:
explanation: scotland introduced new licencing laws that allowed pubs and clubs to stay open 24 hours! so over new year there were pubs open a fulll 2 days!!

Thought it was England which had 24hour drinking?

But anyway, Hogmanay was good. Damn good. To think my hometown runs the best party in the world! (No, I'm just a student at St Andrews).

Bonus points to anybody who can identify my avatar :D

Back
Top Bottom