what fps?

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
im messing about with the ATITOOL, i was just wondering what fps is classed as good enough for gaming. Mine is at about 42 FPS, i play a lot of C.O.D and don't do to bad at it. i was going to try and overclock my video card to see if it makes any difference.
what do you think?
woz

ocrazyitaliano said:
im not 100 percent but i dont think you can see a difference over 50fps or something around there
I'm sure you couldn't. I never get above 20fps anyway lol

ocrazyitaliano said:
im not 100 percent but i dont think you can see a difference over 50fps or something around there

u can, but at 50 it's already smooth enough. U will see little differences after 50, but not anything too big. Like the difference with 60fps and 120fps isn't that great. U can tell that the 120 fps one is a little smoother, but not alot.
I'd say that 60+ is an ideal fps.

ive been gaming seriously for about 3 years, here is what i know...
its 100% possible to play on anything above 30fps, anything below is choppy and limits your skill sevearly, 30 fps is still crap, because it not only affects performance but like in call of duty, the rate of your gun fire, how fast you see the enemy, how fast you can react to them and most importantly how smooth it is while you move, to get this you need atleast 60 fps. on my rig i get 90-200, depending on surrounding in call of duty 2. I wouldnt suggest overclocking your video card untill you try configuring with the game settings. there are lots of tweaks out there, i know one off hand that might incease performace, /snaps 30 , here is a tweak guide for cod2 that might help you with vcod.
http://www.tweakguides.com/COD2_1.html
like i said you can play on 30 fps but with difficulty, try tweaking the graphics in game before overclocking, or spend 200$ and get a good card like a 6600gt or better.
your video card is your problem, your cpu is fine but that card is outdated for the newer games... if you do try overclocking, go up slowly, (like 5-10 mgz or something) and run your game when ever you make a change, do it until you see pixels missing on the screen, (like white/black lines) then underclock it back about 20.

On AtiTool I get 167fps average. COD I get 160-250fps average. Bottom line is this, you can't comprehend more than 40-50fps so anything above is just for bragging rights.

Honsetly its makes minor differences. I don't know how much I get in COD2, but in CS:S I was getting like 95 with EVERYTHING maxed. Which was REALLY SMOOTH. Also its a measurement of how GOOD your PC is. You know to say I can play COD2 at 250 FPS is a status symbol to me more then anything else.

60fps is pretty good there is a diff between that and 100 just play cs for example and try it at 60 and 100, at 100 it feels like the guns fire faster and its deffinately smoother

Back
Top Bottom