Anybody have 4 GIGS or know how to use them?

Zaki said:
Hi i recently bought 4 gigs of corsair xms ram and installed them into my new asus a8n32-sli delxue motherboard, to my surprise the bios "system information" screen reads :
MEMORY:
Installed size: 4 gigs
Usable size: 3 gigs

What!!!! how can i fix this, someone please let me know.

thanks.

What kind of mother board do you have?

:confused: Maybe you should try and swith them around or some thing like that i dont know, umm try diff ram in diff slots I dont know maybe faulty ram? :confused:

that board does handle 4 gigs, but not oc pc3200 ram, we sell those boards in my shop.. the only time i've been able to get it to see all 4 is when using ddr 266

Im not exactly sure but I think but I think it might be a problem with the command rate. Try switching your command rate in the bios from 1t to 2t or 2t to 1t. I cant remeber exactly.

Hmmm... I read something in documentation for winxp x64 that said a 32 bit processor can only handle something like 3 4 or 5 gigs of ram... don't know much but it's an idea.

yeah, looks like its not compatible with my mobo because the ram is registered (stupid me) got carried away buying 8 gigs in total. oh well im going to get the ddr433 3500llpro which is even better!!!!!!!!!!!1

thanks for the help guys, and let me know before any of you decides to buy 4 gigs (there is a lot more to it than the high price)

Back
Top Bottom