Why are the forums so damn slow? (Server speed)

Half Evil

Golden Master
So, I try and get on at school, and its hella slow. I can't even get to my private messages. And, the school has fiber, and it just keeps spinning. So then i think that its the browser. But its not. When i get home, i try it with three different browers. Nothing is using a slow proxy. Its just like the server speed has been reduced or something. Because my internet is working fine. No faults at all. But this site is super-slow.

Hey man.....

It could be the location of the server.

On another note, why do you have to use the word damm?
dry.gif
We have kids on here....
wink.gif

Lol my bad. Its fusterating me though. Because, I like browsing the forums, and its working at near dial-up speed. But its not the location, because its worked fine before.. It just isnt now..

"nodes"?

But im saying that it was this slow, in two places. Although its faster now, not as fast as it usually is.

Nodes are suppose to specify any devices that are connected to a network. Devices may include PCs, printers, switches, routers, PDA, etc, etc, etc. I also get MAJOR slowdown from time to time. And it ONLY happens on this forum and none other. So that's pretty wierd.

Hmm.. well its not a node. Oh well. im sure it will pass. Although, i have no idea how it happened at the school. Maybe its something with my username.

Too many people hitting the server at the same time IMO. (maybe not a node issue, but a maxed out bandwidth issue) It also depends on the bandwidth that the connections to this specific server provide. I haven't experienced any slow downs....yet. I have on other fourms though. So I know it's a normal thing that happens from time to time.

Well its still happening.. Damn. I thought it was getting better, but then it slows agian..

Back
Top Bottom