Side vent fan........

actually the side fans are supposed to be pulling air in, they'll pull in good air for the heat sink to blow onto the processor. Your heat sink fan blows in towards the processor btw.

Tommy Boy's dead on the mark. You need your side window fan blowing in, and usually the ones in the back blow air out. If you don't have a front intake, you definitely should have the side window fan blowing in.

One of my friends, though, had one in the back blowing out (on top, since warm air rises) and one pulling in (the bottom one). It worked pretty well, if you can believe it. Note that he did not have a space to put one on the side window or he would've done that.

ya i agree u should have it blowing in to help cool the cpu and also how u doin with overclocking that opteron jamxx?

Haha, my RAM's holding me back a bunch. I actually got it to run AquaMark3 at 2.8 GHz, but it wouldn't hold it for long during games. I think my score was around 87,000 :D.

I'm going to get some new RAM in the not-too-distant future as well as a nicer CPU heatsink, and then I'll really be hitting it. I'm thinking this baby will hit 3 GHz if I get a nice cooler and some nice RAM.

However, it's running very stably at 2.4 GHz right now but I can tell it is screaming to do more :D. Maximum temperature is 47 degrees Celsius during Prime95, so I still have a lot of wiggle room with this cooler but I'd just rather go for a nicer Zalman or something. I'll be sure to make a thread on it once I get it going :D. 240 bucks for a 3 GHz AMD ain't too shabby! :D

Thats what I figured, blowing in works better. I have 2x80mm front intake fans, 1x 120mm exhaust fan, and an 80mm side fan. Hope thats enough.

Back
Top Bottom