dremel 400 xpr worth it?

hey this may sound weird, but...i have this 10 buck rotary tool from wal mart, i pretty much only use the cutting and sanding/grinding attachments, i only have 1 cut off wheel left, and u cantt buy more, it is like a package, you can only buy the whole thing, to be honest, i dont know if they sell em any more, i've been cutting some 370 psi 1 1/2 pvc pipe lately and it is just like...droning on and on for like 5 min and i get 6 inches of cutting, and the worst thing is try to start cutting. that is tuff to explain so i made a pic

like just going right down into it, it takes forever to get like thru it...i was thinking is this

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=46353-353-400-3/51&lpage=none

worth the 80 ch changs?

and if you need it i can take a vid of me cutting the pvc to see the speed of it....

use a bandsaw to cut the pipe, or clamp it down and use a jigsaw....what are you cutting it for?
those cutting discs aren't made for cutting plastic and they get clogged up with the plastic.

Tommy Boy said:
use a bandsaw to cut the pipe, or clamp it down and use a jigsaw....what are you cutting it for?
those cutting discs aren't made for cutting plastic and they get clogged up with the plastic.

no i need to make like, detailed cuts...the pipe isnt for piping, it is for decoration

practice with a jigsaw and you will get good at it
or else buy a rotozip, that'll let you make detailed cuts in anything.

Tommy Boy said:
practice with a jigsaw and you will get good at it
or else buy a rotozip, that'll let you make detailed cuts in anything.

no offense, i just want to know if i should get the dremel
and the xpr 400 system, comes with like 52 accessories, what are those?

Voodoo Child said:
no offense, i just want to know if i should get the dremel
and the xpr 400 system, comes with like 52 accessories, what are those?
Yeah, I'd buy it, you'll use it for a lot more than just cutting pipe I know that. I have one.

Tommy Boy said:
Yeah, I'd buy it, you'll use it for a lot more than just cutting pipe I know that. I have one.

u got a 400 xpr set thing?

all i really want to know is the quantity's of the cut off wheels and what kind they are, esspecially the fiberglass reinforced ones

Voodoo Child said:
u got a 400 xpr set thing?

all i really want to know is the quantity's of the cut off wheels and what kind they are, esspecially the fiberglass reinforced ones
I don't have a 400 XPR specifically, but I do have a dremel with an accessory kit.
The fiberglass reinforced cutting wheels are real good, they don't wear down as fast as the regular wheels do. You'll know the fiberglass reinforced ones because they have like a checkerboard pattern on them. The regular ones don't, as well as the regular ones being a little smaller. There should be about 10 or so of each in the accessory kit, but you can buy more. I use mine all the time, cutting off bolts, re slotting stripped out screws, polishing stuff, sharpening tools, you'll find a thousand uses for it.

Back
Top Bottom