computer wont turn on

meh4851

Beta member
hi i decided to build my first computer just recently but didnt expect this much hassle. ok so here to my problem:
i put everything on the mobo, the power button on the case worked to turn it on, but the monitor didnt detect nething so i guess theres something wrong with the video card and the fan on the video card wasnt going. so after i decided to turn the system off from the power supply because the power button on the case didnt work for some weird reason. checked over stuff, didnt find nething wrong.
tried to turn it back on, but nothing. the weird thing is when i have the supply on there is a led light on the motherboard that lights up, but when i press the power button on the case and on the mobo, nothing happens. heres the list of my parts:
DFI LanParty nF4 Ultra-D
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ socket 939
corsair xms 2*512MB
EVGA Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCIE x16
thermaltake typhoon 120mm heatsink
aspire 500W power supply
Antec Super LanBoy aluminum case

so ne help would be appreciated thanx

ok, is the fan on the cpu turning?
it sounds like you got a few of the jumpers in the wrog place or something like that.
take all of the wires off, and one at a time, place them back where the manual tells you to. you will get it in the end, and all of the hassel will be worth it.
woz

did you plug a power plug from the power supply into your video card? that could be why it isn't working. as for the power supply....unplug it from the wall for a minute and plug it back in, that should fix that. stupid question but did you remember to turn the switch on the power supply back to the "on" position? the reason the button on the front probably didn't work is that you have to hold it for like 5 seconds to get it to turn off, don't know if thats what you did or not.

no i didnt connect power supply directly to the video card, and yes i put the power supply to the on position

Back
Top Bottom