Monitor wont stop being green!!!!!

Gilaad_amir

Beta member
hey all, quick question

earlier today i gave my monitor a little nudge and everything suddenly had a greenish tinge.

Sony SDM-M51D LCD TFT

Its not a vid card issue (i replaced monitor in other computer)

odd thing is that the monitor menu (ya know, used to change brightness, etc) is still in normal colour.

the connection seems to be fine, gave it a good fiddle, but no luck yet.

any ideas? im totally broke, have no money for a new monitor. ughh.

so its either the cable, or a connection inside im thinkin.
problem is sony is a pain, decided to put a special cable connector on the monitor end of this baby, so i have to find a replacement somewhere to see if its the cable.

thanx in advance.

i would think that the monitor is shot...my tv did the same thing before it went out completely...lol...thats only me tho, and i could be wrong

...On the subject of "nudging" monitors, my Viewsonic VX924 sometimes powers off when i "nudge" it, or when my desk is banged. I just have to reach over the back and fiddle and push the power cable and it's power comes back on. Pretty basic and obviously just a fradgile power connection. But, does anyone think this is a specific manufactoring fault? I mean, if you move the power socket a tad it'll turn off, like, a loose connection or something.

...Worth causing a fuss about?

Definately the moral of the story; don't "nudge" your monitor.

This happened to my DeLL monitor from four years ago. I replaced it about a year ago with some basic 17" MAG Innovision monitor. I also beat the crap out of that other one and eventually something must've shorted, 'cause when I played with the cord in back, I could make it flicker different colors. The problem was getting it to sit normally.

well its got nothing to do with the video card settings.

Ive seen alot of CRT (ya know that standard fat ones) do this because the tube gets messed up or something(im not really sure of mechanincs) but are LCDs meant to do this kind of thing? i thought the point of LCD was that its all individual crystals so the whole color tinge things can be avoided...?

I'm almost sure one of the connection pins is broken, because if the tube was messed up, the control settings would have that green hint as well.

VGA_USB_450_2.jpg

Look at the blue cable. See how there are all the pins? See if all your pins are intact.

hmmm, well it all looks pretty intact to me. thuoght bout maybe using contact cleaner on the female end (the monitor side) but dunno how smart this would be.

that is the same cable as mine, which isnt the standard cable ive seen in monitors.

where can i find one of these just to try out?

That cable is one sided! I wouldn't use any liquid....if that is what you ment.

You can find these cables in Compusa or any local computer shop. Did you try your monitor settings to make sure that the green tint isn't set to 100% Make sure all your colours are set even.

Back
Top Bottom