New PC.. Need suggestions

If you dont want to spend the extra $$$ like me get a few 2-4 fps lower and get an ATi x1800xt.

i also have another question that i've been wondering about. when i build my new pc i will have to get a new OS right? If so i really want to have MCE 2005, is that possible? how to u go about installing it on a new hard drive w/ nothing on it? do u use the BIOS or something? Srry for all the questions i'm still kind of new to all this.
thanks

how to u go about installing it on a new hard drive w/ nothing on it?

Go to the Bios, and make sure you boot off of your CD Drive. Simple as that. Be sure to have a bootable CD Rom.
wink.gif

ok so i currently have a pretty crappy hp

How could you say crappy HP?
dry.gif

the MCE2005 CD should be bootable. You change the order of the boot drive to CD first then HDD then Floppy, and then use the Windows disk to partition and install on the partition. Very easy actually.

Mr. F said:
How could you say crappy HP?

srry to offend anyone but i say it is crappy b/c its a 2.4ghz and i just dont think that it is enough to keep up w/ all of the current high end games that are out now. :cool:

Tom1126 said:
srry to offend anyone but i say it is crappy b/c its a 2.4ghz and i just dont think that it is enough to keep up w/ all of the current high end games that are out now. :cool:

It was a small joke.
sclerosis.gif

Hence, the small text

But I do love HP...
wub.gif

If I were to get prebuilt PCs, I wouldn't mind getting an HP. Dell's are so cheap as far as price goes. Kind of makes you wonder how they manage that? I'm sure they buy them by the bulk which help to reduce overall price but there has got to be crappy parts in there made from the lowest bidder or something.

Dell uses a technique where they keep the parts they need in someone else's warehouse. Not their own. So that eliminates the need to build warehouses. When they need a computer, they just ask for one and boom! Right at their doorstep. Very very cost efficient.

Hell the guy is into gaming. How come no one has suggested a couple of raptor hard drives in a raid0 array.

Because raptors are a huge waste of money. Get the 150GB raptors if you have the money. But the cost per gigabyte is outrageous.

Back
Top Bottom