New PC.. Need suggestions

alright cool, thanks for all your suggestions guys, i'm gonna look over all the suggestions and decide finally what to get.
thanks again

I feel the Toledo core offers the best in modern dual core technology. There is a substantive difference in terms of clock speed and cache. However, both are really good performers, both when overclocked and at their regular stock levels. It all comes down to your budget which from what we can see, can clearly support it. There is a significant performance gain by using this CPU depending on what you do, ie video editing, encoding/decoding, etc. For me, that's what I would buy: Athlon64 4400+ Toledo X2. Some people say a 6% increase in performance doesn't make up for the higher price of the Toldeo cores, but I say it does. Again, it's what you are willing to pay.

As for the motherboard not having the monitor port, it doesn't have integrated graphics controller on there. That is why I chose that 7800GTX video card for you. It's real nice and you will be able to play ANY and ALL games on there. Plus, that motherboard has another graphic port slot for ANOTHER video card if you want more power in the future. To speed it up further, each graphic port slot utlizes full 16x bandwidth on each channel and in theory will give you 32x max which is way more than any motherboard I have seen. It is a bit on the expensive side though, but it's got a rare feature that no other boards have. That rig will basically be future proof big time. Just add a little bit here and there and you'll have more power than any of us here. It's a bit of an extreme setup but it fits within your budget.

Now if you want to go something that cost less, I can suggest any motherboards that are manufacturerd by Abit, Asus, DFI, and MSI that uses the nforce4 chipset and PCI-express. For video card, if that 7800GTX is a bit much on the pricey side, you can always step down to a 7800GT video card by eVGA. They make the absolute best video cards for gamers. Dual core CPU is very nice and it WILL take over as the ultimate CPU of the future. Multi core is in, single core is out (like the CPU I got now. It's obsolete, museum quality).

Either way you go, you will have a pretty nice system.

2gig of ram dual channel 7800gtx amd 3800 x2(the 4200 stage up doesnt make a difference really save the money and get the gtx) ablatron or asus sli mobo aspire, thermaltake, or get a really nice lian-li case if you want im not sure for the cases the brand really doesmatter thats just what i recomend

HEY Tdacorrela, your always really helpful(sorry if im stealing your post) got any tips for water cooling???

Water cooling, unfortunately, is not a familiar territory for me. I have never installed one before or done any extensive research on it. I guess the basic tips I can give you is make sure all the hoses are clamped down tight to prevent leaks. I would probably even go to the point on doing just that. Buy some extra clamps and tighten it down on the lead lines where the water goes through. Don't start it up until after all connections are made. It reminds me of a car cooling system. Just make sure the coolant or water is at the right levels and keep it clean.

at first i was leaning toward the 4400 X2 cuz it had duel core and i heard that in the future game developers and such would utilize this new technology. is this true? if so how long? and about the vid card, i think i'm leaning toward the 7800 GTX because its SLI compatible and i could always upgrade in the future. and if i decide not to get the 4400 i would probably go w/ the 4000 +. I heard that it is a good processor and does just as well compared to a 4200 X2, or nearly as well.
and its no problem about the water cooling question
thanks

for watercooling, you want steel wurm clamps that are tightened by screws. For the coolant, you should use distilled water and anti-freeze. You want 90% distilled water and 10% antifreeze. Antifreeze is used to prevent corrosion in the waterblocks. You need to bleed the system to get the air out of the tubing so only water goes through. You want to start up the water pump before turning on the system to leak test. Leak test for at least a couple of days to make sure your clamps are tight enough.

Back
Top Bottom