How Much Could I Sell This For??

Didn't that Compaq come with a P2? Or an AMD K6?
You could sell it for $150.00- to someone that needs a computer really, really, really bad. I had a computer similar to that, bought a case, switched to the new case, and installed Linux on the machine- worked out great. Ran it as an FTP, Web, and Email server. All you have is $50.00 in it, another $30 for a decent case, and you're in business. (with linux)

If I were going to sell it, I would install Linux anyway, sell it for $100, and keep the XP CD and Key- but that's just me :cool:

pctechmike said:
Didn't that Compaq come with a P2? Or an AMD K6?
You could sell it for $150.00- to someone that needs a computer really, really, really bad. I had a computer similar to that, bought a case, switched to the new case, and installed Linux on the machine- worked out great. Ran it as an FTP, Web, and Email server. All you have is $50.00 in it, another $30 for a decent case, and you're in business. (with linux)

If I were going to sell it, I would install Linux anyway, sell it for $100, and keep the XP CD and Key- but that's just me :cool:
Thats a good idea, except i already registered the xp key.

LOL What a strange looking case!

How bout this? Spend a bit of money on it: Like maybe get a new case for it (a cooler and maybe a bit sexier case) that'll add some spunk to it and then you can sell it to a newbie computer guy and say "hey wanna buy a computer?" and let him witness the sexiness that is your neighbors computer.

Easy 200 dollars :D

B.L.A.c.K

Black said:
LOL What a strange looking case!

How bout this? Spend a bit of money on it: Like maybe get a new case for it (a cooler and maybe a bit sexier case) that'll add some spunk to it and then you can sell it to a newbie computer guy and say "hey wanna buy a computer?" and let him witness the sexiness that is your neighbors computer.

Easy 200 dollars :D

B.L.A.c.K

Hold on sparky.

We have already agreed (or so i thought) that it could be sold for $150. And now your saying get new fans, and new case. Well semi decent fans are about 10bucks a pop. (unless you go for the cheap things that break trying to place them in, at like $2.99.) But lets say two fans (120mm). Thats already $20.00. And you said easy 200. So 150+20=170. Ok, now we need to spend at max, $20 on a case. And even a crap-ass case, with a sidewindow, and some lights, are is gonna be at least $30.00. So now your at $200. Thats just for the stuff. Yo ustill gotta pay tax, and s&h. Even in bulk, thats at least $15-20, for shipping and maybe another $16 for tax.

Ouch..
Although, you could do that, and lie about the specs.. :rolleyes:

This is the case, i was talking about.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811145047

its amd k6 lol i have that exact pc it was my old one and let me tell u this no xp for that pc lol. i found it very slow.

Teencompwiz2 said:
Thats a good idea, except i already registered the xp key.
I was going to suggest something.....
but I'm gonna let it go. :eek:
2nd Alternative....
Other than that, put Linux on it, XP will register again. All you have to do is call M$, give them the numbers it gives you, say "Yes, I'm installing it on one computer" and register it on whatever other computer you build/have, and sell it for much more. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom