jumper setting problem

ati005

In Runtime
ive got 2 dvdrw drives and 2 hardrives, they were all working fine with the dvd drives at slave and the small hardrive at slave and the big one at master. now ive replaced the harddrives with a 120gb and 200gb maxtor ones. i hav one on master and one on slave as before but now the cd drives are not working. on the maxtor maxblast software there is something about (with alternate capacity jumper),. whats that? and what is cable select?

Unless you have a Dell (or some other prebuilt computers) don't worry about cable select. You should have one optical drive on master and one on slave, and you should have one hard drive on master and the other one on slave. I had the same problem with my drives when I moved them; one was on master and the other cable select and it didn't pick it up. For each "set" of drives (i.e. primary and secondary) you'll need a master and a slave. I don't know what you do if you have 3, though, I think the cable select may come into play there or it can't be done.

if you have 3 ide hard drives and 2 optical drives you'll have to get an ide controller card for the 3rd ide hard drive and it would be master on that channel.

both hard drives ar ide and on mtherboard and so are optical drives, ill try l8r on.

Back
Top Bottom