My brother...

habook2

Baseband Member
My brother, who is 8 years old and knows nothing about computers other than what I've taught him, his power supply in his dell is dead. I used a PSU tester and one of the lights that should have been lighting up wasn't. The problem is that because Dell is so stubborn, I can't find a psu to match up with his case. The, for lack of a better word, plug has to be on the upper-left side and there can be no on/off switch. If I could have help locating such a psu I'd be grateful. God I hate talking all formal like this.I know it's not required, but it's a habit.

Well I'm pretty sure that u will need to buy it from dell.
Because they make them so that u can't use anything else.
BUT, is the connector to the mobo just a normal 20 or 24 pin?
If so then any psu should work. But u most likely have to leave is outside the case, or if u are enough of a MacGyver just mod the case so that the new psu will fit.

But if it has a special connector for the mobo then u have to be even more of a MacGyver if u want to get a psu from some other manufacturer than dell.

Dell has a parts store you can contact by phone to order any part you need.

i have 2 dells ... whatmodel is it ... meby some case moding is needed if you want a cheap option, as dell parts store is expensive

yeah, you'll have to buy another one from dell, or else go to a computer shop and see if they have a good used one laying around that they'll sell to you for cheap.

What about a Dimension 9100. Because im looking for a new PSU for that.

But for the thread, just, get on eBay.

20-pin and I can't get him another case because Dell manufactures their mobos so that you cant use any other case.

Back
Top Bottom