which graphics card?( im new to this)

You can probably squeeze by with a 300 watt power supply, but it would have to be of good quality. I doubt yours is, unless you know it is a good one.

You might as well pick up a power supply while you're at it. And remember, don't get one less than around 50 bucks or they'll be garbage.

Eh, it's okay. I'd get the 6800GS over that though anyday. And the 6800GS is even cheaper!

Don't try to squeeze by with minimal power. Trust me, it's not fun. :(

Get the X1600XT, and take the extra cash and get a 400+W PSU.

Conehead_2467 said:
how do u kow that it needs a 350 watts psu? it doesnt say anywhere. also, i guess then ill prolly be getn the x800 pro, unless someone can find something better thatllt work and wont cost more thanlets say 220.

It does. I can't find it anymore but when I decided to get it I searched around. And from google I ended up in some nVidias site and there it said that the minimum recommended is 350W.

Conehead_2467 said:
hmmm, so theni guess ishould be getn the x800pro?

I'd still go for the 6800GS. A new psu is not going to be that expensive, and it's good to have some breathing room.
And the x800pro is not as good as the 6800GS, yet it costs about the same amount.

If u don't have the extra $60 or something like that to spend on the new psu then save up. Not going to take long for u to get $60. Or then just borrow the $60 from a friend.

Back
Top Bottom