Power Supply Question...

ChaosPsychoGame

Baseband Member
Well I found out today that my computer doesn't even meet the minimum requirements for the GeForce 7800 GTX...It only has a 400 watt power supply, but it seems to work fine anyways. My main question is...it has terrible sound card, I think it's integrated into the motherboard, and I'm going to buy a new one. Will this power supply be able to support it?

As long as it isn't something like the x-fi pro, you should be fine. However, running a psu at 90% of its maximum power constantly is not a good thing. In the long, you might want to, because that's a power-demanding system there. A 500W+ would do you even better, but if you don't do any overclocking, etc. you shouldn't be having to worry about a melt-down...

If you like bought a stock computer, how easy is it to go and buy a power supply and get it put in; and how do you know if it will fit, etc.?

Also, is this a good power supply to upgrade to?

Yeah, ultras are sweet. Most psu's should fit just fine in a stock comp. I did that same thing earlier to my friends gateway and he bought the psu off of Newegg. It fit just fine. It's just the length that might get you. You should be fine...

Ah... well, it doesn't matter then. Ultra is a fine psu ocmpany. I personally say go for the newer one, x2.

Back
Top Bottom