Windows vs. Linux

Dnsgm said:
i would prefer windows and as for linux, i can't say that it's bad since i enjoyed studing course so...maybe it's not as user friendly?

You prefer windows but have a tux avatar?

Ziirou Requin said:
These are the two primary OS I heard about. What are the main differences? Which is better for:

1) Gaming
2) Listening to music
3) Talking on messenger programs
4) Burning CDs & DVDs
5) Browsing the net

Well both OSs can do 2-3 Windows is better for gaming (The reasons have already been stated). Although I think you can get a windows emulator for linux to play the games. But don't hold me to that I could be wrong.

Here's the answer to your question.

DUAL BOOT.

Which means you have both Linux, which is free, reliable, and stable, and then you have Windows, the monopoly, and gaming OS, because it's a monopoly. :)

I personally don't enjoy Windows as much as Linux because Windows is targeted for all the trojans, all the spyware, all the adware. Linux is a free OS and has many many different ditrobutions, which makes it harder for a person to target a specific Linux OS because you can constantly update your Kernel. The Kernel is essentially your core file. The thing that makes it do what it does. Or atleast that was what I was told.

But if you want to be able to play all the latest games, yet have a very stable and reliable computer. Then a Dual Boot is for you. Just install Linux on one HDD, or partition, and Windows on the other HDD or other partition. It's easy.

If you are going to get Linux though, get Fedora Core 4, or UnBuntu. Both are very user friendly and both are very reliable. I use Fedora Core 4 (FC4), and it's the best OS I've ever used. It has a lot of cool features Windows doesn't have. Sure most games are targeted towards Windows but there are emulators out there that allow you to play your games, such would be Wine or Cedega. :)

1337DuD3 said:
Here's the answer to your question.

DUAL BOOT.

Or you could use something like M$ Virtual PC 2004, which'll let you run Linux from within Windows - meaning you don't have to reboot to switch :D

But yeah, dualbooting is probably cheaper (even though I can download VPC2004 for free through my University licence).

Back
Top Bottom