What is better than Mcafee

burton_o6 said:
I didnt thoroghly read the posts...but can anyone tell me what the think of avg over all...Now i know its free..so that is a plus...but lets just say symantec or macafee were also free...which would you preffer? avg, symantec, or macafee?

from those 3 I'd choose Macafee.

PC world rated panda software the best one. Its 80$, but you get all yer money back like a month later.

DarkDragon7099 said:
Symantec are crap in my experiance. But Norton is gud and so are alot of the free ones u can download "PANDA" <- uh? Norton IS Symantec :S and Panda screwed up my uncle's computer xD

*Some* Symantec are good but deppens, and yeah i thought Norton and Symantec are the same too :confused:
But what i found with Norton Anti-Virus(forgot what version) that it took up alot of system resources..

But yeah if you google Norton or Symantec you are sure to come up with a good anti virus for your computer, just do what nearly everyone does and thats pick and choose a diffrent anti-virus till you come up with the right one for you, ive been through so many and finally know what i like in a anit virus and all...

The Symantec one i have now if *very* good, if you want the name and all just reply or pm me anyone..

Norton got has great protection but its annoying, McAfee has better protection but it makes u restart to much.

I'll say it again, Pc Cillin is the best, hands down. Best virus scanning, anti-phishing filter, and doesn't have annoying security center and frequent restarts. For you all, I've used almost every antivirus program out there, including norton, mcafee, pc cillin, zonealarm (which I'm using right now), avg, etc. Yeah.

As you can see- there are a lot of opinions. If you're looking to pay for an antivirus solution, I would have to go with jac006 post and say PC Cillin from Trend Micro. I like Panda, and recommended it once also. Not saying they are no good- but they need to fix their registration process- it can get annoying. If you're looking for a free antivirus solution, I would recommend Avast! Antivirus. I have used it for over a year, and it's caught anything anyone has tried to send me- (and I deal with P2P networks also, so I sometimes look for them :) )

Reasons I like Avast!
This program has most of these options at this site: Click Here

hello I think I found the problem I ether have a virus or, a hacker or, both. but my mcafee is not detecting them can someone tell me why, I used to have nortan antivirus but I kept on having problems . P.S. can somebody give me some links? thanks in advance. P.P.S. can someone tell me how to scan items.

Back
Top Bottom