Planning on a new setup

Aspire cases are weak. They fans they provide are horrible, they push no air and are as loud as a jet engine.

ownage said:
optys are getting very expensive, and are pretty difficult to find at a good price. www.tankguys.com (if you have problems with them, send me a pm, im in direct contact with them and newegg ;) ) They have a superb price on the Opty 165 at 300 compared to newegg's 330. Give them a try, you wont regret it.

No, not true at all. The DDR500 RAM uses the same amount of voltage as DDR400. They speed bin DDR500 RAM do its guranteed to run at DDR500 at 2.7V or how many volts it needs.

Ok, this is where I'm getting confused at. If DDR500 is faster than DDR400, in what way or how does the DDR500 modules get away with the faster speeds then? Tighter timings I know, but also an increase in voltage right? I'm sure if you bump down the DDR500 to DDR400 and monitor the voltage in some utility, you will see the DDR500 drop in voltage a bit to ranges typically found for DDR400 RAM modules. Even some of the performance DDR400 show slightly raised voltages than a voltages shown in regular "value" RAMs. It's typical as you see in OCing CPU. I'm not saying that they're exactly the same, but if you were to push the clock higher (without increasing the voltage), you will naturally see the voltages go up on its own. I know, because I'm looking in front of my PC right now. I had a vcore of 1.5ish and now it's running at 1.61ish. I'm thinking the similar phenomenon happens to RAM too.

What ever you do DO NOT get a MSI mobo and a 7 series card, for some reason almost everyone with a MSI board and a 7800 are getting problems (including me) :p looks like your gonna get a killer setup!

TRDCorolla said:
Ok, this is where I'm getting confused at. If DDR500 is faster than DDR400, in what way or how does the DDR500 modules get away with the faster speeds then? Tighter timings I know, but also an increase in voltage right? I'm sure if you bump down the DDR500 to DDR400 and monitor the voltage in some utility, you will see the DDR500 drop in voltage a bit to ranges typically found for DDR400 RAM modules. Even some of the performance DDR400 show slightly raised voltages than a voltages shown in regular "value" RAMs. It's typical as you see in OCing CPU. I'm not saying that they're exactly the same, but if you were to push the clock higher (without increasing the voltage), you will naturally see the voltages go up on its own. I know, because I'm looking in front of my PC right now. I had a vcore of 1.5ish and now it's running at 1.61ish. I'm thinking the similar phenomenon happens to RAM too.

DDR500 might take .1 more volts than DDR400 but thats no biggy. For example, for TCCDs to run at 300HTT, you might need 2.8 volts. 300HTT = DRR600. TCCD ICs can only take up to a certain voltage before you fry them. BH-5 UTT can take up to 3.5V while TCCD can only take 3.0V. Did you get that 1.5V for the Vcore in the BIOS? If thats the case, your board over volts a little on the vcore. The Vcore set in the BIOS while never be the exact Vcore when it goes to the CPU. That is because your MOSFETS are regulating the current going to your CPU and trying to get the Vcore exactly right. But thats impossible due to the your PSU and MOBO.

Back
Top Bottom