MSN contacts ip address.

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, I have a prob. There is someone on msn who I think it pretending to be someone they are not. I think I know who it is. Is there a way to get the ip of an msn contact that you are in conversation to? If it turns out to be the same ip then I will be maddd

this is from memory (a long time ago) you might want to google it and check it

i thought the same thing as you a while back and discovered...

the only way to find out their ip address is when you connect to them directly (not through msn servers) so you need to send them a file- any file! a picture, song...

and then open up command prompt and use the command "netstat -n", and then find the right connection (cant remember a port number) but just after transfer is finished the note should be time_wait something like that. just note down the foreign ip address. do that with both addresses and if the ip's match then bingo

that is sketchy in my mind though! it was a while back!!!

thats correct as far as i no

another way simple make a little free phpbb forum

send them he link to a picture you posted on it, go into the admincp and check the IP of the guest viewing that area, then do the same to the other person

Ive googled, for a long time, and it only suggests downloading this and that, which are full of crap.

Thanks for help :)

actually there is a program you can download thats called Xnetstat, which it is just a hopped up version of the netstat -n command, but for windows with a gui and some other features and gives more info about the connections and allows you to do a whois on the ip's and stuff like that.

jay8990 said:
this is from memory (a long time ago) you might want to google it and check it

i thought the same thing as you a while back and discovered...

the only way to find out their ip address is when you connect to them directly (not through msn servers) so you need to send them a file- any file! a picture, song...

and then open up command prompt and use the command "netstat -n", and then find the right connection (cant remember a port number) but just after transfer is finished the note should be time_wait something like that. just note down the foreign ip address. do that with both addresses and if the ip's match then bingo

that is sketchy in my mind though! it was a while back!!!

yes this is the correct way to do it ... i have used this before to get revenge on certain people

Back
Top Bottom