Overclocking Pentium D

Impruv

In Runtime
I have the pentium D 2.8ghz x 2 cpu and was wondering if anyone has tried overclocking with it? How well does it do with STOCK cooling? I have the HP M7160N computer and really want to get the best out of my computer. If only I waited a bit longer, I would have an amd X2 cpu but what can i do :mad: ....Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Computer Specs

I highly suggest you don't overclock an Intel D. Not sure about your case, but my HP has the biggest case availible from Hp Home. [d 4100y]. It won't do well on stock cooling.

If you do want to overclock, I suggest you get water cooling, as some may suggest to you.

Maybe if he opened the case, and then, took like a home fan, and placed it infront of the case.

Mr. F said:
I heard that's a bad idea. jac or Alvino?

Most likely it's not a bad idea. Or just if u live in some cold place like I do during the winter just take the side of the case off, put the case near to a window and open the windows.

Got my friends gpu temp down by something like 15C :D

But still getting better cooling (just a good heatsink & fan or then watercooling) is the best option.

Ziirou Requin said:
Wouldn't taking the side panel off allow dust to collect inside easily.

Well it might speed up the process of the dust getting into the case, but still there will always be dust there and unless it's in great quantities it doesn't matter.

If you get a build up of dust, what would you use to clean it out? I used a vacuum to get it out a long time ago but I would think compressed air or something would be better.

I just use my vacuum cleaner.
But I think that compressed air would be the best.
And once in a while I clean the fans from the dust. Had loads under my vid card fan and when I cleaned the fan the temps dropped by a few 'C.

I really want to overclock it.....so I should put a fan when I open the side while playing games i guess, I'm sure just browsing the net would not need better cooling; only on load right?

As long as I clean it out once in a while; it should be fine?

Stupid Question: What should I use to clean out when dust collects? A vacuum or the compressed air you are talking about...where exxactly can I get 'compressed air'?

Back
Top Bottom