which graphics card?( im new to this)

I would of picked the 6800 GS mostly because I prefer NVidia, however, the X800 Pro performed a little better in most tests, and in Doom 3 on max quality, it performed considerably better.

^^^ there's your answer. When you feel confident enough you can unlock the sucker to 16 pipes and X800 XT speeds. Future proof.

The X800 pro pisses all over the 6600 GT. Don't know where that guy's getting his info from. It competes with the 6800 GT and Ultra (and beats it) at higher resolutions and AA and AF in certain games.

x800pro, even better yet, X800GTO2, guranteed to unlock and oc to XTPE speeds, if you want to do that of course.

i read through the thread that tell u how to overclock and unclock the card, and it seems kinda complicated. hoestly i dont think ill be doing any of that at all at any time. so which one? still the 6800 or the x800?

and sorry if im goving yall a hard time. i just want a card thatll last and be good to use for a while without and tweaking.

You can always use those programs that are mentioned in the sticky threads that basically do the overclocking for you.

crap, lol this isnt really getn any easier. i wish ther was some allmighty computer god that could tell me which to get.

There's pros and cons for both of them. I'd get the GS purely because of the shader model 3.0 support.

Back
Top Bottom