phone and wireless router

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Alright, in my house I have Wireless G which runs on the 2.4ghz band. If I get one of those 2.4ghz cordless phones is that going to interfere with the wireless? is there going to be any problems with using both of them in the same area? and if so, is there anything I can do about it?

well although they are on the same frequency its most likely they will operate on different channels. default channel for g networks is 11

so you can change your phone to a different channel, if the option is there, otherwise just change all the comps to a different channel.

i think this should eliminate interference, as i understand it thats the whole point in having different channels on same frequency. but google it a bit! :D

thanks!..I was just asking because I've heard sometimes that when people get a phone call on their phones that are 2.4 ghz, their wireless net gets disconnected.....lol

im sure phone manufactors have taken wi-fi networks in to consideration and have them on a slighly different frequency

Back
Top Bottom