How to record TV on computer

Bucky24

Baseband Member
I have, for the past several years, used an s-video cable to display DVD movies from my laptop onto a TV so the rest of the family could see them fairly well. I recently got an s-video cable that says it goes both ways. I am wondering: Is this possible, and if so, is there some kind of software out there that I can use for recording the TV onto my laptop for future viewing?

P.S. Is there also some way to send sound through the cable as well a picture?

Well, you use your lap top to watch the movies on your tv correct?? Do you watch tv on your lap top?? You need something called a Tv tuner. Hauppauge and Ati are prob the best tv tuner brands. Get an external one seeing as how you have a lap top and connect the S-video cables. I use a coax though.

If your computer had a S-Video in maybe, but most likly you only have an out.

You could buy a TV tuner and watch TV on your computer that way.

Get a "sling box" $250 dollars you hook it up to your tv and where ever there is wireless internet you can watch tv live from anywere in the world from your television 3000 notical miles away pretty sweet eh? The quality is great you can also record with it

Dishdog said:
If your computer had a S-Video in maybe, but most likly you only have an out.

How can I find out which I have? And where can I get a "sling box"?

it is most likely an out. in other words....that S-video is for using the TV as your monitor. Get an external tv tuner, it has s-video in and will record tv and watch. It is a tivo in other words.

Back
Top Bottom