O/C related help...

You just have a bad contact. Buy some thermal paste take the heat sink off, then wipe the old stuff off with a duster (or something you dont care about, it stains!) Then put a large blob on top of the CPU and stick your heatsink back on. Make sure its on securly..Then you should be running cool again :)

what do u guy's recomend a new psu? with a better fan?
and yea my cpu does have a safety mechanism when it gets too hot it slows down so maybe its that...

[w00t!]gAme* said:
ohhh u guys are righttt my cpu isnt overclocked look...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116200
thats my cpu its at 3.00ghz
and thats what mine is at right now so it isnt overclocked... and now theres now explanation to why its still overheating becuz it has just been formatted so almost no programs are installed:(

well as nasha said it could be because of a bad contact. So clean the old thermal paste and then put some new one in there.

Manufacturers dont set the FSB to 800MHz, thats just crazy. Most comps are set to 133 or 200 MHz. My CPU is initially set to 200 MHz and the multipier is 12. And btw, yes you get the cpu clock speed by multiplying the FSB frequency by the FSB multipier. So if you want to OC, you lower the multiplier and increase the fsb frequency to around 500 MHz i'd say. But no, if your computer is at 800 mhz running at a times 12 multiplier, then you're running at a 9.6 GHz cpu clock speed and YOU DONT WANT TO DO THAT!!!, then you will definitely need to lower that asap.

Intel Pentium 4 530J Prescott 800MHz FSB...it is 800MhZ.

There apparently are two kinds of FSB. One is set to 800MhZ or 1000MhZ, and the other is set to 133MhZ or 200MhZ. Your copmuter probably isn't overclocked, but knowing that it's a Pentium 4 Prescott helps.

Pentium 4 Prescott's like to overheat. Look at the reviews; people need to buy a new heatsink just to be able to play games on load.

Back
Top Bottom