Heating and Shut Down!

coolguy1

Baseband Member
Hey guyz, my computer is getting and it shuts down when i use some works like DVD conversion or Winavi software.But now it also is shutting down whenever i keep the laptop on the surface as it covers the fans and probably getting heated. Now i have to put two CD Cases on each side of the rear end of the laptop and it works well. Now the computer wont get shut. So what do you think is the problem??? Computer overheating??? or fan problem?? Thanks, waiting for replies!

yeah, you really need to get some cooling going on with that laptop if it's getting so hot that it shuts down. where do you have it set? is it on a desk?

Would help to know make and model. If your case fan has pooped out you have to send it in or take it to a shop. Replacing a case fan is not for the inexperinced.

setishock said:
Would help to know make and model. If your case fan has pooped out you have to send it in or take it to a shop. Replacing a case fan is not for the inexperinced.

Toshiba Satellite A75-S211
Pentium(R)
704 MB Ram, 3.2Ghz, i hope it helps :confused:

Tommy Boy said:
yeah, you really need to get some cooling going on with that laptop if it's getting so hot that it shuts down. where do you have it set? is it on a desk?

Mostly on the desk, but i put it on my lap too sometimes and my legs are getting heated up and it runs for long time when i put it on my legs with its weight on the sides without covering the fans down. But its getting too heated now a days :( I cant even put a pillow or something under it. Right now the only way which is working well is by putting two CD cases on the rear end.

Someone help me please........the problem is increasing a lot now and its keep shutting down now frequenlty even when kept on 3 Video Cassestes

ya something like that would do, its deffinately going to overheat if u put it on a pillow cause think about it...you're just covering the fans completely, also flip it over to make suer they're all working if one of them isnt take it to a computer shop and have them replace it

Back
Top Bottom