Yeah!

lhuser

Golden Master
I got my mobo and PSU toniught! I will come back tommorow to get the momory sticks and I'm ready. Right now, I will make it work tonighttoi see if it really works. One thing though, If I put a PC200 stick on Slot1 Bank 1 and a PC2700 Slot 1 Bank 2, will it work?

Well, Right now, since I have to take these sticks out, I am runing on my PII

Sweet!!!!! I think it would work fine. Make sure the speed is the same though.

Yeah, they should work and be fine if they're the same pin type... which i dought they are, but you can still try.

Chris

OK, PC 2700 and a PC 3200 will run at PC 2700

BUT, the board works like I wouldn't believe...Dual Channel mad a difference...I got Windows XP installed in 40 minutes instead of 50! IO notice a difference with Dual Channel and I can't wait to have my DDR 400 sticks! But, that\s not all! The manual says it can run up to DDR533!

Second, the board is awesome, but the CPU still heats like a toaster....I'll get more fans, but I will have to change the case...my green one is too small for it...and it was a pain to install...since because of it...Plus, my reset button is blown up and my Power led is dead (Don't ask ow)

Third: I'll rate the PC a 10/10!

EDIT: Here's a pic of my CPU of what it really should have showned with my ASRock one:

sanstitre1kg.jpg

Nice! I just got my AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and my ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard today too! :D I can't wait to install them! I should be getting my ThermalRight SI-120 heatsink and Delta 120mmx38mm Triple Blade SHE High Speed fan tomorrow. :D

damn it!
Now I want to get my new parts ASAP.
Actually, now I want them so bad that I'll soon make a call to the one I'm getting them from. Still need to find a good enough mobo, and maybe look at the ram too.

Why not getting my mobo?

And, I do see a difference with this one since my ASRock one, well first of all, it didn't have the 4-pin CPU connector...something thgat is crucial, and just had MMX, SSE,SSE2 and no HT

Well I have to have pci-e on my mobo. And I will order them from a place that has quite limited selection. Because I can get stuff from there for about 10%-15% cheaper than from any other store, and I get free shipping too.
And I'm kinda short on money so I just have to get this stuff as cheap as possible.

Back
Top Bottom