Issues with Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
mammikoura said:
true

I had a dog for 11 years, bathed it about 2 times.

true

I hope u are not going to get a lion. Those things eat alot :D

Never seen a cat that is as social as a dog. And I'm pretty sure that the average dog is much more social than an average cat. One of the reasons to this could be that cats are more independent.

I don't know if it's the same with dogs, but to be honest our dog was no hunting dog. It was a labrador retriever, so it's more than capable to be a hunting dog. My grandmother was sitting in a chair, my grandfather took out his gun and the dog ran to the chaird and hid himself behind my grandmother. So not a pr0 hunting dog. :)

But dogs are intelligent and when u take them to a walk they usually do their stuff when u are walking on somone elses property :D

Well, I've never heard of a dog playing piano (well hadn't heard about a cat either before ur post) but dogs can do all of that other stuff. Though for some dogs u would need to get a pretty big food box.
And also dogs are exellent for getting the newspaper and/or ur shoes to u at the morning :)

Yeah, cats are more intelligent. But aslong as the thing doesn't run into walls etc it doesn't matter how smart it is.

edit: uuuuuummmm, just noticed that we are a little of topic here. And it doesn't seem that we are the only ones :)
Comments:-We had a cat for 11 years, he would fetch a ball of paper, & drop it in your hand,. he knew when I was due home from work, although my hours varied without notice, my late wife said that about 15 minutes before my car turned into the drive, he would jump onto the lounge sill, & sit expectantly, looking towards the gates, then jump down, & rub round my legs as I came in the door.

Er, by the way, what's wrong with fetching your own shoes & newspaper?, & "doing their stuff on other peoples property" what the hell???, that is diabolic!!, I have to cut the grass outside my gates, also being a village with few streetlights, it's a virtual minefield, once when I was ill, a nurse had to visit at about 1 am, & she trod dog muck in on the carpet, I didn't see it until she had gone, as I was recovering in bed, but soon smelt it, & had to get out of bed & clean it up as best I could, I'm elderly, & it wasn't easy, perhaps you'll think in future before you let your mutt sh*t where it wants.

lmao ... srry for that btw maurice...musta been aweful...i have to clean horse "muck" as a job and when i get used to the smell while im working...but when i get home, take a shower and my clothes are sitting ther in the pile they friggin reak!!

athlon64fx said:
dogs are more reliant on hums thats why they "need" them since they cant function on thier own. also they are mroe prone to diseases and such.

also dogs have to be bathed by hums cats can bathe themselves!

also cats are way more inpedendant.

actually lions are very socially complex. they ahve a compelx social system and they live in prides.

cats are social, they are just depending on how they are bought up. if you pick on a cat they arent gonna be social same as humans.

Hunting is not instinctive for cats. Kittens born to non-hunting mothers may never learn to hunt.

Cats bury their faeces to cover their trail from predators.

Among other tasks, cats can be taught to use a toilet, come, sit, bed, eat with their paws, heel,
jump through a hoop, play the piano, play dead, roll over, open a door, hide in food boxes, shake, and fetch.

The anatomy of brain of cat is very similar to the human brain, whereas the anatomy of brain of a dog is not very similar to human brain. The anatomy of brain of cat is about ninety nine percent similar to human brain. Both cats and human beings have same regions for emotion in their brain. The intelligence of animals depends upon brain weight to body weight ratio and anatomy of their brain. The brain of an adult cat weighs about one percent of its body weight while the brain of an adult human being weighs about two percent of its body weight. The brain weight to body weight ratio in cats is greater in cats as compared to Dogs. The cat has an ample and very advanced cerebral hemisphere, typical of intelligent creatures. Cerebellum is well developed in brain of a cat.

According to the research work done at University of Michigan and the Department of Animal Behaviour at the American Museum of Natural History in USA , memory of cats is about two hundred times more than that of dogs. Memory of cats is found to be more than Monkeys and Chimpanzees.

heehee im showin this to my dad.

o and btw, no offense, but most of your guys' parents kinda suck. i can do preety much anything i want. although the parents do get angry when im on the computer for 8hrs at a time :)

Nat, my advice to you is to just pretty much talk to them and if they dont compromise, move out. if they dont care about your feelings, you shouldnt care about theirs.

@mammicoura, and amdathlonfx.

Cats are really cool, just for an animal to have. If you wanna replace a kid with an animal. Then do it with a dog. I mean sure, there (most kinds) are bigger. But, you can walk dogs, and they even have social feelings. Its weird, i know, but Old Englsih Sheepdogs, care for littel kids

Say that you leave a (child) baby, in the middle of the floor, wich nothing but a blanket. No adults around. We a full grown sheepdog, (that has had a litter of puppies before) will stay with it. The full grown sheepdog, with circle the blanket with the kid on it. Protecting it.

One time a while ago i was hurt really badly. And i came in, and sat down. The dog came with me, and tried to make me feel better.

Another time, with our sheepdog. My dad and i were wrestling on the floor, when i was like7-8, and the dog, came in, started growling at my father, because she thought that my dad was trying to hurt me.

I mean Old English Sheepdogs, are the best dogs to hve in my opinion, i will never get a different kind of dog. They run about $1000-1500. Depending on the breeder, but trust me, they are worth their while.

A puppy.. Maybe 6weeks.
1.jpg

And when i get home, im going to take a picture of my dog, and post it..:D:D

we have 3 dogs now... 2 of em are mixed sumthing or other and the other one is Mountian Fiest ...sumthing like that...anyway...when i was real little we used to have a rottie...omg i loved that dog. it was so big but soo nice! if i was ever in danger she would come runnin. like this one time i was out playing and this big ole wolf looking dog came up and started growling fiercly at us (me and my friend) and we were halfway across the neighbor hood but befor the dog even got close our rottie (her name was lawny...thats how its pronounced but idk about spelling) was between the dog and us...she jumped our fence and ran a 250+ yards quicker than you could think. and she would never harm a soul as long as we were safe. damn i miss that dog....

Kalgatha said:
lmao ... srry for that btw maurice...musta been aweful...i have to clean horse "muck" as a job and when i get used to the smell while im working...but when i get home, take a shower and my clothes are sitting ther in the pile they friggin reak!!
Thanks Kal, it was, I'm wondering if mammikoura is going to get back to me, perhaps he is too shame-faced.
How are you by the way, did you have a good Christmas?, PM me if you like.

Happy New Year!
bigdance2.gif

Maurice

ya pretty good...haven't seen much of you lately...of course i haven't been on that much lately either :p

way to go maurice, 2 more posts and you get the big 1K! =D

btw, thanx everyone for your advice! what would i do without you guys?! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom