Google PC???

athlon64fx

Golden Master
http://gearlog.com/blogs/gearlog/archive/2006/01/03/3890.aspx

Looks like Microsoft may finally have a lot to fear with the possible roll out of the Google PC. Sources report that Google will unveil its low-priced PC at Wal-Mart and possibly other retailers, and would operate on Google's own operating system.

And what else does Google have up its sleeves? Well, you may soon be seeing something called "Google Cubes," which the LA Times describes as a small hardware box that could allow users to move songs, videos and other digital files between their computers and TV sets. Google may also be entering pay-TV services.

But, some folks beg to differ on the possibility of Google selling its own PC. According to Tech Dirt, the idea is highly unlikely, considering that it probably won't sell well at Wal-Mart.

Google's co-founder and president, Larry Page, will be speaking this Friday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Our editors will be there reporting on all of the new and upcoming technologies and products, so hopefully they'll get to listen to Page's speech and discover the real scoop.

heh depends on how cheap cheap is. there prolly not gonna be very good systems...just enough to like it said move movies and music. plus i play games alot and it prolly won't be compatible w/ most if any games. ... but if cheap was cheap....i would buy one :D

Google is taking over the whole computer and software industry. I swear...

Kalgatha said:
heh depends on how cheap cheap is. there prolly not gonna be very good systems...just enough to like it said move movies and music. plus i play games alot and it prolly won't be compatible w/ most if any games. ... but if cheap was cheap....i would buy one :D

I wouldn't say this too fast man...They would use the binaries and such and should support the executable files...Google Cubes is suppoesed to be a good selling PC...who knows? It may be even better than whatever OS is out there

yeah i read about this is in the trusty "The Sun" newspaper yesterday, it gave the nice round number of £100 for one.

it also made a point of saying that it wouldnt be a microsoft operating system, as if to say it was the first ever operating system to be created that isnt microsoft.

:)

I dont think i would get one, for £100 what could they possibly have in them?

Back
Top Bottom