Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

alvino said:
Definately. Intel has plans to go 45nm by 2007, therefore staying ahead of AMD again while they're crossing over to 65nm. :D It'll be a long and hard fight, I'll tell you that.

I doubt that since AMD has been on top for a very long time....
I doubt AMD will sit down and allow this

You never know. I think after all those defeats, Intel is trying very hard to regain their position. With Conroe, we shall see. :D

alvino said:
You never know. I think after all those defeats, Intel is trying very hard to regain their position. With Conroe, we shall see. :D

Well, it appears as though the Presler isn't as good as everyone thought.
So far, it has a higher L2 cache, faster clock speed, Quad FSB Doubler, smaller 65nm process....Mmm... That's about it. But, even with all of this, it can barely beat the X2 4800+! As a matter of fact, the X2 4800 is still in the lead and it's a 90nm process.

It took Intel this long just to match up with the X2 4800+, and we haven't even talked about AMD's new FX-60 and X2 5000+ processors yet.

I'm sorry, but Intel is getting close, but not there yet.

Yeah, Presler really was disappointing. After all it's really a 65nm Prescott core with the same old NetBurst architecture. The Conroe however, is different. The architecture is completely different and I anxciously await reviews on it. :D

Nice quotes Mc, but, seriously, you have to shorten that sig to 5 lines or less...

alvino said:
Yeah, Presler really was disappointing. After all it's really a 65nm Prescott core with the same old NetBurst architecture. The Conroe however, is different. The architecture is completely different and I anxciously await reviews on it. :D

Conroe is supposed to have less that 20 pipes and the ability to clock 4.5Ghz on air.

wait till the people over at XS put the Conroe's on phase. Fuggar with another WR.

Back
Top Bottom