Issues with Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalya said:
GRRRRRRR im sorry but i have to vent my anger somewhere....

My parents make me feel sooo restricted. They are sooo *** **** controlling over me and my life. They treat me like i am a 12 year old... being 18 sure i dont know the answers to all life questions, but arghhhhhhhh

i cant go places with my mates becuase my parents dont know who they are. If im feeling ill i cant call in sick at work. Im not allowed to have a boyfriend, i wasnt allowed a mobile phone until last year, they hate the fact i like computers, computers are for 'boys'... EVERYTHING is controlled by them, and when i complain, i get all these stupid lectures about how lucky i am to have a family like my family, how lucky i am to have everything i want... pppft my parents are sooooo narrow minded and ignorant....

i see all my friends going out and having a good time, and then there is me home bound all the time...

oh and moving out is not an option... im not allowed to do that either... =(

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

Seti says> Watch your language, please.
ya welcome to my life, if they knew i was on this forum, i would be in trouble, if they find someone i dont know on my buddy list, they like kill me, meeting peeps online, is not in there vocab, they think people will, likk/kidnap/rape me, now i know you guys wouldn't do that, but you cant be to careful as they say...i have to do homework, but i would type some more, and i am 12 so i know what it is like...

i will not be a gay parent, not gay and not like mean...lol...i will get my kid a cell at 5th grade, i will get him want he wants, i wont make him a spoiled bit\\\\\\\c_________h but...i will be nice, and i will make my kid popular, and i make big $$$ when i grow up, my kid will be awesome, the idle kid, smart, athletic, cool...

Voodoo Child said:
ya welcome to my life, if they knew i was on this forum, i would be in trouble, if they find someone i dont know on my buddy list, they like kill me, meeting peeps online, is not in there vocab, they think people will, likk/kidnap/rape me, now i know you guys wouldn't do that, but you cant be to careful as they say...i have to do homework, but i would type some more, and i am 12 so i know what it is like...

my mums exactly the same way... and im 18 in a couple of weeks... annoys me soo much...

Wow, this is a hot topic...
My mom hears me typing... She comes rushing and and starts looking out the window for child preditors, I am serious!
I am 15 years old and she won't let me walk about 75 yards to the gas station. . . AND I DON"T EVEN NEED TO CROSS THE STREET TO GET THERE, just go through a field!

But, Nat, you have it bad... being 18 and them being that way... Set down and have a talk with them, let them know how you feel about it, get something worked out. A thing that always gets parents heated up is saying "What about when you were my age", and sometimes it works. If they argue they don't want you to go through the same things they did, I would think I would want to learn things for myself, It would be more personal to me and I wouldn't "test" it. Make sure it doesn't escalate into a heated argument, just keep it calm, listen to what they say, let them listen to what You say.

my parents dont know the meaning of the word compromise, they grew up in pretty strict conditions, my dad for example had to drop out of school in yr 5 cause his parents couldnt afford to send him to school, so he had to get a job and he has been working ever since. my mums dad was in the army and she had 4 older brothers that never let her do anything, so for them, letting me do something out of our everyday routine is seriously out there styles.... they just dont understand

My mums just a cow, she moans about literally everything, and my dad... well, ive seen him twice in the last 2 1/2 years, two times too many IMO.

my mum has a phobia of the internet, she seems to think that everyone on it is a pervert :rolleyes:

mark thorpe said:
My mums just a cow, she moans about literally everything, and my dad... well, ive seen him twice in the last 2 1/2 years, two times too many IMO.

my mum has a phobia of the internet, she seems to think that everyone on it is a pervert :rolleyes:
mine too, she is like...well OVER FUDGING PROTECTIVE but really nice some of the time, but with the comp...she is shaky

Voodoo Child said:
i will not be a gay parent, not gay and not like mean...lol...i will get my kid a cell at 5th grade, i will get him want he wants, i wont make him a spoiled bit\\\\\\\c_________h but...i will be nice, and i will make my kid popular, and i make big $$$ when i grow up, my kid will be awesome, the idle kid, smart, athletic, cool...

im pretty sure thats the life all of us want...but we can't all have it now can we? :p makin big $$ and all w/ the perfect kid.

Damn some people have it bad here. And i get mad when my mom, and dad wont let me out in town at night. And to peoples houses that they dont know the parents of. No matter how bad you guys have it (no offence) i still think my parents are over protective. But then again , both were cops. So, i suppose there doing it for a reason. but the thing is that im 15, and i look at least 17. So, no one is gonna start anything with me. Bcause im 6ft tall. And im a body builder. So i look dangerious, and then i know karate (going for blackbelt in may). I complain to them, that they should let me do what i want for the most part, becuase, im taking karate for a "reason"(or so i try and make them beleive). But yeah, it makes me mad.. I mean there are a few kids that really dont like me, but i carry a knife with me in town. I mean i can take care of my self, but for some reason they dont think that way. Oh well..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom